Internal Application: Coordinator, Individual Giving
Philanthropic Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Coordinator, Individual Giving (or Development) to play a key role with our Philanthropic Development Team. We're looking for a candidate with enthusiasm, strong communication skills, and a detail-oriented mentality. By working as a member of the Philanthropic Development team, the candidate will attain hands-on experience and develop skills in the areas of fundraising, events, donor stewardship, and administration. The candidate will gain exposure to how a Philanthropic Development department functions and play an integral part of the Workshop's social impact initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity for an early-career candidate interested in growing his/her career in philanthropy.
Who You Are:
- Have a B.A. or B.S. Degree or similar experience
- Two+ years professional experience
- Possess excellent verbal, communication, and organizational skills
- Comfort with data analytics and application
- Experience with fundraising software desirable, e.g., Salesforce
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters appropriately
- Events experience preferred
- Can recognize group needs, and work to achieve solutions for better group communication and organization
Your Primary Responsibilities:
Some of the things you will be focusing on as a Coordinator for the Philanthropic Development department:
- Assist Individual Giving teams in creating, planning, and executing donor cultivation and acquisition events.
- Assist in creating and preparing materials for special projects, meetings, and presentations.
- Assist with stewardship of donors including acknowledgment letters, fulfillment of premiums and updates to donor account information.
- Oversee and assist in major gift data and reporting.
- Provide support to other Vice Presidents in Philanthropic Development as needed, including scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting preparation, technology, and expense reports
- Interact extensively across all departments in person, as well as by phone/email
- Perform necessary tasks for department including scheduling, file management, timesheets, orders, invoice trafficking, approvals and contract administration
- Assist in department management of Salesforce CRM system
- Help to recruit, train, and oversee department interns
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled