Coordinator, Corporate Events
Corporate Events | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Coordinator, Corporate Events. The Coordinator's responsibilities include assisting in the planning and execution of multiple in-person/virtual events and conferences for The Workshop and its partners. Events include, but are not limited to, Muppet and executive appearances, conferences, advisory meetings, activities for the board of directors, and partner events.
Additionally, this individual will aid the Events department with overall planning and coordinating, in addition to supporting any administrative duties as needed. The Corporate Events department is continually organizing walkaround appearances while also planning for new initiatives and event requests.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create production schedules, executive agendas, and budgets for events
- Provide project coordination for the team by effectively delegating and assigning tasks, creating timelines, and helping team members to prioritize workloads
- Work with procurement, finance, and legal teams to align internally and cross-functional processes for all corporate events
- Invitation and Registration Strategy: collaborate with internal staff to develop invite and registration, generate invitee lists and manage status reporting to the event hosts as required.
- Work with Creative Services to map out a consistent design and print plan - specifically, creating and designing event collateral and any other marketing material/premiums
- Aid in organizing of logistics for meetings: transportation, hotel accommodations, meeting facilities, food & beverage, audio-visual, room set up and décor.
- Ensure rider, technical and masking needs for Sesame Street Muppet performer(s) are in place
- Prepare travel briefing packets for speakers and talent
- Oversee meeting preparation, supplies ordering, and packing/shipping of event materials
- Work closely with building management to ensure seamless execution of vendor and visitor management
- Financial management, including the following: management, billing and post-meeting reconciliation, final financial reporting, cost analysis and submitting expenses
- Occasional travel is required
- Hire and onboard handlers and talent for upcoming walkaround events
- Oversee walkaround event documents including contact sheets, production schedules and travel itineraries for distribution to event contacts and talent
- Prepare budgets, contracts, invoices, and expense reports for corporate events, walkarounds; traffic documents to finance for reimbursement and/ or accrual
- Communicate logistics with walkaround support/partners
- Perform budget vs. actual tracking and analysis for all walkaround events
- Administrative duties such as filing, copying, calendar management, obtaining signatures, scanning, tracking documents, note taking, expense report preparation
- Office maintenance including supply ordering and unpacking, serving as a point of contact for facilities issues, office space, retrieving department mail, storage management
- Department intern coordination including hiring, onboarding, and management
- Development and implementation of organizational systems
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail, extremely organized
- Proficient in time management and prioritization skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, assertive, and able to effectively move a project/ task forward without much direct guidance
- Quick to learn new tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity