Consultant - Unscripted Content
Creative Development | New York, NY | Contract
Sesame Workshop, headquartered in New York City, is looking for an Unscripted Content Consultant. The Consultant will be responsible for developing strategy and vetting new program ideas, in non-scripted genres, for Sesame Workshop. The Consultant will be expected to foster the strategic vision and direction of the Workshop in the non-scripted space and will possess a strong background in leadership and strategy in creative production.
- Develop and implement creative development strategy for new unscripted series, specials and other programming initiatives
- Identify new content areas that align with Sesame Workshop’s mission and creative vision
- Partner with internal stakeholders including Curriculum and Content, Research, and Sesame Street production team to develop creative assignments aligning to strategic goals
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with distributors and content buyers to generate interests in our content
- Work cross-functionally with departments like Business & Legal Affairs, Finance, Production Management on contracts with vendor/outside production companies, production studio deals, department budget, etc.
- Build and foster relationships with the non-scripted creative community to stay on top of the latest trends, talent, etc.
- Help develop process and best practices for unscripted content development
- At least 8+ years’ creative development and production experience in the broadcast industry.
- Children’s Media experience is preferred
- Clear creative voice with experience in demonstrated experience developing ground breaking content that is brand aligned
- Extensive industry knowledge for live-action / unscripted content
- Strong leadership and motivational skills, with demonstrated ability to work with little supervision and under pressure to meet tight deadlines within budgetary constraints
- Strong knowledge of producing community with substantial contacts with agents and content buyers, distributors, and production companies
- Excellent written and verbal skills
About the Creative Development Department
The Creative Development team is responsible for developing impactful, mission-driven content that helps kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder. From specials like Monster at the End of The Story to animated and live-action series such as Esme and Roy, Helpsters and Ghostwriter, we create high-quality content for preschoolers, 4 -7 year-olds, and elementary-aged kids.
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity