Community and Engagement Manager
Marketing and Brand Strategy | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Community and Engagement Manager. The manager will implement social media strategy and handle day-to-day operations and community management for our active social platforms. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Social Media, they will play an important role on our Audience Development team. The ideal candidate is a creative, detail-oriented individual with a passion for social media, pop culture and current media trends, children’s entertainment, and Sesame Workshop’s mission to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder.
- Manage and execute on day-to-day social media strategy, content and campaigns across social platforms under the guidance of Senior Manager of Social Media
- Schedule social media posts across platforms as directed, as well as posting natively as needed
- Support ongoing development of editorial calendar for social media posts across platforms and channels
- Maintain a unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Identify best practices and ideate on ways to bring our brand voice to life on those channels, as directed by Senior Manager, Social Media.
- Own community management across all social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and others as directed), including real-time events (e.g. live broadcasts), responding to comments and actively engaging with followers and influencer posts.
- Identify, track and engage in real-time with talent, key influencers and celebrities that are talking about the brand across social media channels.
- Monitor, respond to and moderate social media conversations on managed platforms
- Optimize social content for performance on all platforms, including updating metadata, applying annotations, and creating/selecting compelling thumbnails for content
- Analyze social media performance, building and updating weekly/monthly reports to share with the broader team.
Who You Are
- You are active on social platforms and deeply understand the influencer marketing mindset. You can explain how each platform is different from the other. You can easily produce clever, short social copy and relevant hashtags.
- You have a deep understanding of social media communities and are an active participant in them. You have thoughts on the best meme accounts, YouTube channels, tweets, and TikTok challenges, and are always looking out for what will trend next.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do.
- You are confident and never shy away from a challenge. You work well with teams and direction but know how to adapt and figure out how to solve problems on your own as well.
- Devoted to upholding the values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in your work and the content you create. You should be committed to going the extra mile to making sure that work speaking to the experiences of these communities is accurate, well-researched, and peer-reviewed.
- Share community feedback, identify potential issues, manage day-to-day responses across social platforms
- Four-year degree in marketing, journalism or communication, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Active and engaged participant in social media
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their users (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.)
- Superb verbal, written and presentation skills to communicate effectively, and on-brand, with consumers, in-house stakeholders and outside vendors
- Savvy and knowledgeable about current social media trends and innovations
- Solid understanding of digital content, communication and marketing principles
- Photo/Video editing experience/basic design capabilities for social media a plus
- Familiarity with web and social media analytics (Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.)
- Highly creative, strategic thinker with ability to develop fresh, executable ideas that support internal initiatives
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects
- Complete familiarity with MS Office Suite
- An independent work ethic and drive and know when to escalate to higher-ups
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity