Internal Application: Communications & Web Associate, Joan Ganz Cooney Center
Joan Ganz Cooney Center | New York, NY | Contract
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
The Joan Ganz Cooney Center (JGCC) at Sesame Workshop is an independent non-profit organization that aims to harness digital media technologies to advance children’s learning.
The Communications Associate will play a key role in developing and monitoring reach and impact, with an emphasis on social media marketing and results reporting for cooneycenter.org. S/he must work independently and as part of a team; be results and deadline-oriented, and maintain a focused vision of impact.
* This is a part-time, contract position with a six-month term and the possibility for extension.
Content Management & Marketing
- Work with JGCC Web & Communications Director to manage editorial calendar and provide content updates and day-to-day maintenance of joanganzcooneycenter.org; help to identify opportunities for new features and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Develop and post social media messaging based on overall themes/goals for the JGCC.
- Provide timely social media coverage of webinars, conferences and other live events.
- Track relevant social media trends and influencers; identify opportunities for growth.
- Track and analyze a variety of metrics related to overall reach and impact; prepare internal reports and present findings to team members.
- Collect results from particular features and prepare reports to be shared with partners and funders.
- Develop and execute recommendations for short-term and long-term improvements to communications strategy, reach and impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Education, Psychology, Child Development, Learning Sciences, or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience.
- Interest in and awareness of key issues in the fields of children’s media, learning research and educational technology.
- Experience analyzing reports from tools such as Google Analytics.
- Experience producing web content using WordPress; strong understanding of HTML.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and audio/video production preferred.
- Strong proofreading and quality assurance skills.