Brand Marketing Director, International
Marketing and Brand Strategy | New York, NY | Full Time
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org.
Sesame Workshop seeks a passionate, creative, and collaborative individual to manage international marketing and communications-related activities for our Social Impact and Media & Education divisions. This role reports to the Senior Director, Brand Marketing.
The Brand Marketing Director will be tasked with planning, creating, and executing awareness-building activities that elevate the overall brand of Sesame Workshop and its growing international programs and productions. In collaboration with the Brand Creative, Strategic Communications, Social Impact, and International Business teams, the Director will support program, distribution, and licensing-related needs, including marketing campaigns, creative development, writing, video production, maintaining asset libraries, and providing administrative and organizational support.
Our International Social Impact programs reach many children who would otherwise have little or no access to early childhood education, and support all aspects of children’s development – including cognitive development in areas such as early literacy and math, healthy habits, and social-emotional well-being and resilience. The role will be responsible for creating visibility and support for Sesame’s philanthropically-funded work, particularly our new humanitarian initiative to bring early childhood education to Rohingya and Syrian refugees.
Our International Media & Education business is responsible for the distribution, licensing, and themed entertainment of our Sesame Workshop properties across the globe. Major focuses for this role will be tune-in campaigns, creation of sales materials, and development of strategies to more strongly integrate our commercial domestic marketing efforts globally.
The position is based in New York City. It reports to the Senior Director Brand Marketing, Social Impact & Philanthropy, with a dotted line to the VP Brand Marketing, Media & Education.
- Conceptualize and execute international marketing campaigns; collaborate closely with international country teams, external media and creative agencies
- Working hand in hand with Brand Creative, oversee the development of branded assets, including project style guides, promotional materials, social media graphics, event-related collateral
- Conceive and develop dynamic storytelling collateral that communicates to external audiences in creative and compelling ways, including presentations, trade and sales materials, fact sheets, newsletters, infographics, and case studies/testimonials
- Support photo/video shoots and development of new videos, including drafting creative briefs, writing scripts, identifying and securing in-region creative resources, and pre/post-production
- Collaborate with Strategic Communications team on editorial calendar and tentpole opportunities to ensure strategic coordination of broader strategy
- Work closely with Social Media team to plan and implement social media efforts for project announcements, global awareness days, and tune in campaigns; keep a pulse on emerging trends in social media content and experiment with new ideas and formats
- Support the management of partner collaborations, including funder, corporate, and cause-marketing partnerships
- Ensure brand consistency across all programs, and all communication channels and platforms
- Manage marketing asset library, including presentations, videos, raw video footage, and photography
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 8 years of marketing experience in international marketing, preferably with expertise in the non-profit or humanitarian space
- Proven track record of developing successful social impact marketing and communications plans
- Strong creative skills; excellent communicator who can bring together a brand story through a variety of mediums from writing, video, and events. Expert skills in PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience building successful cross functional relationships at all levels
- Strong multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills who can pay close attention to detail
- Affinity for philanthropic work and making a difference for children in need
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Ability to travel outside the United Stated as needed
Sesame Workshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled Employer