Associate Producer, Production Management-Animation
Production Management | New York, NY | Contract
Sesame Workshop is looking for an Associate Producer, Production Management-Animation. The Associate Producer will report directly to the Senior Director, Production Management – Animation and oversee the production of 2 consecutive 30-minute animated specials and 20x5-minute animated segments. The Associate Producer will help to lead the team in the production of the highest quality content from greenlight through delivery. They will help steer the creative/production for the project in alignment with the property’s vision, manage the note process and communication with stakeholders, guiding the team to stay within the production assumptions, on schedule and within budget.
- Work closely with Senior Director, Production Management–Animation and Creative Development to create and maintain a sustainable process for the Special and Segments, including management of segment script process.
- Ensure that productions adhere to Production Management Best Practices.
- Work closely with Production Operations and Business Affairs on all deals and agreements for 3rd party producers, studios, talent/performers, and any other outside vendors.
- Create sub-schedule and budgets if needed.
- Oversee master schedule of Animated Specials and segments.
- Collect and consolidate stakeholders’ feedback through all phases of production. Manage back to stakeholders on notes and manage the distribution with Production Studio.
- Act as chief liaison and manager of the relationship with Production Studio.
- Ensure creative budget perimeters are being adhered to throughout all phases of production.
- Create and share weekly Production Reports with Senior Director, Production Management-Animation and EVP of Production, noting any changes that may affect the overall schedule or budget.
- Liaison with Distributor for delivery of animatics, cuts and final picture.
- Oversee S&P and any necessary clearances for productions.
- Oversee credit list creation and approvals.
- Ensure Production Studio is implementing notes from Legal, S&P, and Creative Executives.
- Oversee Post process to ensure all creative deliverables are being met and uploaded to appropriate online drive as per Distributor’s production, legal and post guidelines/deliverables requirements.
- Oversee delivery of all wrap documentation.
- Partner with Asset Management to ensure proper ingestion and archiving of production assets.
- Assist Senior Director, Production Management–Animation on other projects as time permits.
- 5 + years in Series Animation Production at a Production Co. or Studio preferred
- Knowledge of Final Draft, Movie Magic Budgeting, MS Office, and experience with 2D/3D Animation software (Flash, AFX, Harmony, Maya), PIX, Signiant, Aspera or Scenechronize required
- Strong understanding of 2D and 3D Animation pipelines
- Experience in direct communications with Network executives and Production Service studios.
- Strong scheduling and budgeting skills in both Excel and Movie Magic
- Understanding of Right and Clearances protocol for Broadcast, Streaming or Exhibited Content
- Experience supervising multiple production teams at once.
- Organized and process-oriented with strong managerial skills
- Collaborative and excellent communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled