Philanthropic Development | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 per year
Sesame Workshop is looking for an Administrative Manager, Philanthropic Development. The Administrative Manager will play a key role on our Philanthropic Development Team. We are seeking a well-rounded individual with a passion for Sesame Workshop’s mission, an interest in fundraising, and a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Manager’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative and organizational support to the Chief Development Officer. By working as a member of the Philanthropic Development team, the candidate will attain hands-on experience and develop skills in the areas of fundraising, donor stewardship, and office management. The right candidate will gain exposure to how a development department functions and will play an integral part of the Workshop's social impact initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity for an early-career candidate interested in learning about philanthropy.
- Provide administrative support including heavy calendar management, email and phone management, developing correspondence, and organizational support for the Chief Development Officer
- Interact extensively across all departments in person and virtually, such as by phone/email/video call
- As needed, attend meetings on behalf of the CDO
- Coordinate and assist in preparing materials for special projects, meetings, and presentations
- Assist department with planning & preparation of various events, including heavy support in coordinating Sesame’s Annual Benefit
- Develop materials for the quarterly board meetings, including creating presentations, managing BoardVantage documents, and conducting Board prospect research
- Conduct administrative support for budgeting, invoicing, contracts, timesheets, orders, and approvals
- Assist in department management of Salesforce CRM system and project management
- Utilize research databases such as RelSci and iWave for prospect management including research, briefing materials and cultivation strategy for both domestic and international programs
- Support department file organization and usage of SharePoint
- Other tasks as assigned
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years professional experience
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication, administrative, and organization skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing needs and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Can recognize group needs, and work proactively to achieve solutions for better group communication and organization
- Experience with CRM, project and prospect management software desirable, e.g., iWave, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity