Joan Ganz Cooney Center | New York, NY | Full Time
The Joan Ganz Cooney Center (JGCC) at Sesame Workshop seeks an Administrative Coordinator to provide ongoing administrative and project-based support to department staff. Job responsibilities include general clerical duties such as: basic filing, copying, data entry, preparation of internal and external written communications and multimedia presentations, expense report preparation, maintenance of the department’s activity calendar, maintenance of the calendar, scheduling meetings, travel coordination and office supply maintenance. The Assistant also supports department-sponsored events. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Schedule appointments, organize meetings, arrange travel and manage daily flow of information for Executive Director
- Prepare and submit expense reports for staff; manage administrative budget. Monitor monthly expense reports to reconcile contractual and other expenses.
- Initiate and track all contracts and agreements, including those with outside vendors, independent contractors, and funders, working closely with team.
- Serve as administrative liaison with Board of Directors and National Advisory Board. Liaise with President and senior team’s administrative staff.
- Track and manage dissemination of Cooney Center’s published reports.
- Create and maintain clearly defined electronic filing system.
- Orient new staff to office procedures.
- Manage acquisition, inventory, and restocking of office supplies.
- Organize, grow and maintain databases and mailing lists.
- Handle mail.
- Perform general web research and help organize Executive Director’s and staff’s presentations for internal and external audiences
- Assist in Cooney Center website writing, data entry and maintenance.
- Other clerical duties, as assigned, such as photocopying, faxing, preparing materials for meetings and large mailings.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Experience in event coordination helpful
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills: adeptness with standard computer programs and database systems. Experience with Salesforce and Concur a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail and superior organizational and people skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a wide range of tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently, yet also committed to being a team player
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize, and work well under pressure
We’re a small, tightly-knit team that embraces freedom and flexibility as a core value. Since our start on TV, we’ve become a multimedia pioneer, using everything from radio, books, and videos to the latest in interactive media and technology, efforts that are enhanced through collaborations with our colleagues at the ground-breaking research and innovation lab, the Joan Ganz Cooney Center. Lastly, we look at every opportunity as a chance to build the company we’ve all always wanted to work for and invite you to join us.