Administrative Assistant (Temp)
Strategic Communications | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Temporary Administrative Assistant to play a key role on our Strategic Communications team. The candidate’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative and organizational support to the Vice President of Strategic Communications, as well as other members of the team. S/he will have access to information from around the organization, and will work with the team to synthesize information and coordinate timing of announcements. By working with Communications team, the candidate will gain hands-on experience and develop skills in strategic communications and public relations. This is an excellent opportunity for an early-career candidate interested in learning about communications.
The qualities we are looking for include curiosity; kindness; a collaborative spirit; a “can-do” approach and discretion. Interested candidates should enjoy a vibrant, sometimes fast-paced work environment.
Who You Are:
- Have a B.A. or B.S. Degree
- Possess excellent verbal, communications, and organizational skills
- Strong writer and communicator
- Excellent MS Office skills, as well as Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle confidential matters appropriately
- Can recognize gaps, and work to achieve solutions for better processes
- Cision experience is a plus
- Experience in or interest in public relations and communications is a plus
- A positive attitude, appetite to learn, and sense of humor are essential!
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordination of talent logistics, budgets, travel/lodging, briefing documents, talking points, and production logistics for interviews and appearances. Assist in research and preparation of background materials for initiatives, partnerships, public events and announcements.
- Manage calendars and incoming calls for department VP
- Compile daily press clips, project clips packets and disseminate to staff and partners as needed
- Compile and submit expense reports for VP, AVPs and Directors as needed
- Manage departmental budgets and reimbursements through external invoices
- Manage viewer mail letters, emails and auction requests
- Facilitate vendor, temporary staff, script-writer, performer and consultant contracts and process invoices upon execution
- Manage supply and product orders
- Coordinate headshot photo shoots and media training for Workshop executives
- Post finished press releases to the Sesame Workshop website
- Oversee the hiring and day-to-day tasks of department interns
- Create agendas, briefings and press materials
- Support publicists at events, promotional appearances, and the annual Sesame Workshop Gala
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed
- Create calendars for use in Senior team meetings
- Monitor publicity results per project
- Manage press lists via Cision Point
- While in Sesame Street is in production, assist with the coordination of on-set photographers and PR photo library, celebrity liaising, studio coverage, and on-set press coordination.