Administrative Assistant - Temp
Corporate Communications | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Temporary Administrative Assistant for the Special Events Department. This is a temporary position slated to end December 22,2018.
The position would primarily report to the VP, Public Affairs & Special Events. Support would be needed to assist the Events department with overall planning, coordinating, and administrative needs to execute events.
Assist with daily operations supporting the Events Department in organizing small & large-scale events, Sesame Street character appearances and domestic character “walkaround” appearances.
- Coordinate AV, travel arrangements, prepare travel packets, briefings, and meeting agendas as directed for speakers, talent and presenters;
- Administrative support such as answering phones, handling correspondence, facilitating invoice /payments /contracts;
- Manage file inventory, assist with filing emails, documents, presentations, videos etc.;
- Assist with shipments and scheduling messenger deliveries as needed for engagements;
- Create expense reports, coordinate speaker/event binders and briefing documents;
- Research venues, hotels, restaurants and travel options as needed;
- Provide additional administrative and onsite support for corporate & special events whenever possible;
- Assisting event staff with set-up of catering and supplies for meetings;
- Walkarounds: review and approve incoming requests, coordinate travel for handler and WA talent, secure handlers and performers, coordinate shipping of costumes and manage budgets.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience in event planning, office administration, conference planning or production is helpful.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must be proactive and able to work independently as well as contribute to a strong team.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
Monday- Friday 9:30am - 5:30pm (35 hrs/week minimum) and available to work occasional events evenings and weekends as needed.