Internal Application: Administrative Assistant - Part-time
International Social Impact | New York, NY | Part Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant to support the Office of the President and the Social Impact Operations Team. The right candidate will provide support for the Office of the President on items including administrative tasks, scheduling, events and speaking engagements. The right candidate will need to be an innovative, hands-on team-player. They will continually exercise independent judgment while performing administrative duties and develop, implement, assess, and maintain strong knowledge of systems and procedures across departments.
This position reports to the Executive Assistant to the President, with oversight from the VP of Social Impact Operations, Director of Grant and Contract Compliance, and Social Impact Operations team.
Please note: This position is part-time, based in New York, NY. Must be able to work at least 3 days a week for 18 hours. Additional hours may be available from time to time. The candidate has flexibility in choosing regular days a week to work. 3-month contract with possible extension. Candidates should be local.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and maintain calendars
- Schedule meetings for Social Impact Operations Team
- Assist with substantial technological needs, data entry and list creations daily
- Manage and maintain physical and digital file inventory; scan and file important material in a cohesive and organized manner including: program assets, presentations, fact sheets, internal and external reports, concept notes, and executive briefings etc.
- Assist with all shipments, mailroom and messenger deliveries, and maintain record of outgoing packages
- Event registration and bio upkeep for the President
- Process expense reports via Concur
- Coordinate large virtual meetings and webinars
- Other similar support tasks as needed
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized; Strong follow-up skills to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Superb communication both verbal and written; poised and professional demeanor and a communicator who can interact with high-level executives as a representative of the President and Social Impact Operations team
- Discretion handling sensitive and personnel-related material
- Excellent phone etiquette and time management skills
- Quick to learn new tasks
- Social Media savvy
- Must be able to work with competing deadlines and tight timeframes
- Willingness to respond to time-sensitive emails outside of normal business hours
- Strong editing, proof-reading, and copy-editing skills
- 1+ years of work experience in a comparable administrative role
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and Nintex systems
- Must be proactive and able to work independently as well as contribute to a strong team
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity