Internal Application: Administrative Assistant, International Social Impact
International Social Impact | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will provide critical support to the International Social Impact division by managing the administrative and operational work for Senior Vice President (SVP), Vice President/GM (VP) and Manager who leads and supports a team of 90 people in New York, India, South Africa, Bangladesh and MENA.
As primary support for the SVP, your responsibilities include: developing and maintaining a system of prioritization for the SVP, complex calendar management for high-level meetings with senior executives inside and outside the organization, coordinating complex travel and logistics, managing logistics for ISI team engagement events and experiences and executing on other high-impact projects as needed.
The right candidate will need to be an innovative, hands-on team-player. They will continually exercise independent judgment while performing administrative duties and develop, implement, assess, and maintain strong knowledge of systems and procedures across departmental programs.
This position is full-time permanent, based in New York, NY, but will be remote until at least July 2021. It reports to the Manager, International Social Impact, working closely with the SVP and VP & GM.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead strategic calendar management support for SVP with executive leadership, her direct reports, national partners, and other internal and external partners on a regular, recurring, as well as one-off basis
- Create systems and structures to ensure SVP’s time, each week, is aligned with short-term and long-term priorities
- Work closely alongside the Manager to determine cadence and priority of key meetings and country office visits ensuring alignment to organizational happenings
- Coordinate with country office points of contact to establish the agenda and logistical needs for country office visits, as needed
- Manage and coordinate necessary accommodations for the SVP’s monthly travel schedule, including arranging travel, obtaining visas, creating itineraries, developing travel briefing documents (NOTE: All travel is currently suspended)
- Desk research, fact-checking and preparation of internal and external written documents and multi-media presentations
- Draft correspondence upon request
- Help SVP prepare for meetings
- Process and complete expense reports for the SVP
- Lead strategic calendar management support for VP with her direct reports and country directors and other internal and external partners on a regular, recurring, as well as one-off basis
- Process and complete expense reports for the VP
- Help VP prepare for meetings
- Develop project plan and support all logistics for International Programs and Operations Team retreats
- Legal contract processing and tracking for International Programs & Operations team
- Build and maintain an annual team calendar to provide clarity and inform strategy, planning, and coordination with offices
ISI Team Engagement & Operations
- Support Manager in the design and development of monthly ISI all staff meetings
- Support SVP and Manager in implementing Annual Performance Reviews
- Office maintenance including supply and gift ordering and unpacking, facilities management, premiums ordering and inventory
- Support team hiring needs by managing SVP tasks, coordinating interview logistics and coordination with HR point person and hiring manager
- Additional administrative duties as assigned
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, particularly the calendar feature
- Ability to make timely decisions and demonstrate strong judgment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to tailor approach toward the perspective of others
- Proactive results-oriented team player with an ability to spot inefficiencies, and propose creative and effective solutions, and help managers prioritize tasks and goals
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle a heavy, diverse workload
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and take direction and criticism professionally
- A willingness to work across time zones and the ability to work effectively in multi-cultural settings
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of work experience in a comparable administrative role
- Experience with Microsoft Suite
Sesame Workshop’s International Social Impact department, a division of Social Impact and Philanthropy, develops and implements Sesame’s powerful initiatives to serve children and families around the world, building strong partnerships and coalitions to maximize reach and impact. Building upon the familiarity and appeal of the trusted, beloved Sesame Street characters – and their global counterparts – we create and disseminate unique educational resources and tools for families most in need. Sesame’s research-driven programs reach many children who would otherwise have little or no access to early childhood education and support all aspects of children’s development – including healthy habits, cognitive development in areas such as early literacy and math, and social-emotional well-being and resilience. We reach and engage children and the important adults in their families and communities using multiple media platforms and innovative strategies – from television and radio to digital media, mobile technologies, books, E-books, magazines, classroom materials, teacher/provider training, social media, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity