International Social Impact | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is seeking a passionate and collaborative Administrative Assistant. His/her/their work will focus on Sesame Workshop’s International Social Impact productions in the Middle East, Bangladesh, South Africa, India, and other regions. The Administrative Assistant will provide daily administrative support to the Executive Producer, International Social Impact, and will manage all support functions for the production team.
Please note: The position is based in our NYC headquarters office.
The right candidate will need to be an innovative, hands-on team-player and continually exercise independent judgment while performing administrative duties and develop, implement, assess, and maintain strong knowledge of systems and procedures.
Administrative Support to Executive Producer
- Administrative duties such as calendar management, invoice management, filing, copying, scanning, obtaining signatures, tracking documents, note-taking, expense report preparation, and contract approval
- Preparation of internal and external written communications and multi-media presentations
- Travel preparation including arranging travel logistics, obtaining visas, creating itineraries, creating travel briefing documents
- Development and implementation of organizational systems for Executive Producer and ISI Production team processes
- Other administrative support as requested
Administrative Support to International Social Impact Production Team
- Maintaining program operations and logistics including: tracking documents through approval processes to ensure timely delivery, expense report preparation, maintenance of the department’s PTO, travel, and activity calendar, travel coordination, timesheet and contract approval, file organization and maintenance, and asset cataloging
- Meeting, event, and workshop preparation, including ordering food as needed, creating meeting briefing documents, venue set-up, and any related contract and invoicing processes
- Office maintenance including supply ordering and supply management, serving as a point of contact for facilities issues, office space, retrieving department mail, storage management
- Department intern coordination including hiring and onboarding
- Proofreading and fact-checking of presentations and department documents before circulation
- External visitor coordination including scheduling meetings, greeting at reception, meeting prep, ordering food as requested, preparing gift bags, printing materials, queuing presentations
- Department communication management including obtaining and consolidating information from the project team to share periodic updates with SVP and larger International Social Impact group
- Department strategic support including designing department-relevant documents and public-facing project updates and social media posts
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media Studies, International Studies, or relevant field
- 1-2 years of work experience in a comparable administrative position is preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and the ability to proactively manage others’ time when necessary
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proactive results-oriented team player with an ability to spot inefficiencies, and propose creative and effective solutions
- A willingness to work across time zones and the ability to work effectively in multi-cultural settings.
- A strong interest in media production
- Experience with MS Office Suite, Dropbox, and Google Suite is required
Sesame Workshop’s International Social Impact department, a division of Social Impact and Philanthropy, develops and implements Sesame’s powerful initiatives to serve children and families around the world, builds strong partnerships and coalitions to maximize reach and impact. Building upon the familiarity and appeal of the trusted, beloved Sesame Street characters – and their global counterparts – we create and disseminate unique educational resources and tools for families most in need. Sesame’s research-driven initiatives reach many children who would otherwise have little or no access to early childhood education and support all aspects of children’s development – including healthy habits, cognitive development in areas such as early literacy and math, and social-emotional well-being and resilience. We reach and engage children and the important adults in their families and communities using multiple media platforms and innovative strategies – from television and radio to digital media, mobile technologies, books, E-books, magazines, classroom materials, teacher/provider.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled