Accounts Receivable & Treasury Manager
Finance: Accounting Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is seeking an Accounts Receivable & Treasury Manager. The Manager will be responsible for the receipt/process/verification and reconciliation of daily receipts of cash and check payments. As the Accounts receivable point person for the organization, the Manager will be responsible for creating and tracking invoices, running weekly aging reports, following up on unpaid balances with partners, and leading quarterly meetings to review aging balances with the Finance team and business partners. This position will also assist the Treasurer and AP Manager with daily cash reports and dashboards, wire payment preparations, and AP functions as needed.
- Create invoices and keep track of invoicing log.
- Generate and review the AR Aging reports, regular monitoring and follow up with the vendors on delinquent payments ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Provide support to customers with disputes or billing inquiries: Investigate, analyze, and resolve billing issues or discrepancies.
- Liaison with international agents on collection status, invoicing, and tax-related issues.
- Lead the quarterly meetings with the finance and operation team to review outstanding payments and identify the risk of bad debt/uncollectible AR.
- Maintain a cash flow report that forecasts and keeps track of the upcoming payments.
- Monitor and manage daily cash position: review and keep track of all the incoming wire transfers to Sesame Workshop, as well as the outgoing wire transfers to ensure payment is disbursed as scheduled.
- Track check deposits via lockbox and reconcile.
- Process physical checks using a check deposit scanner, and issue checks through JPMC check print.
- Prepare and posts the journal entry for cash receipts and transfers to the general ledger.
- Complete month-end reconciliation for cash accounts.
- Perform background vetting for new vendors or partners.
- Generate the positive pay file from Concur and upload to the bank portal.
- Verify exception items/checks prior to approving for payment.
- Coordinate with different departments to make sure all the receipts are coded accurately.
- Back-up to the Treasury manager in preparing wires and daily cash reports, as well as the support to the Accounts Payable Manager in reviewing and approving the invoices and/or expense reports when needed.
- 3-5 years of experience with direct treasury managing cash/check/banking for a company
- 3-5 years of experience with accounts receivable and or credit/collections
- Working knowledge of Excel and Outlook functions
- Ability to write and speak with clarity and concision to our partners and outside relations in a respectful manner
- JP Morgan Access, Jaguar, Oracle NetSuite or Concur experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity