Accounts Receivable / Treasury Junior Accountant
Finance: Accounting Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for an Accounts Receivable / Treasury Junior Accountant. The Accountant will be responsible for the receipt/process/verification and reconciliation of daily receipts of cash and check payments. He/She will be responsible for daily cash reports. As the Accounts receivable point person for the company, the coordinator will be responsible for creating and tracking invoices. The coordinator will run weekly aging reports, follow up on unpaid balances with partners and conduct quarterly meetings to review aging balances with the Finance team and business partners.
The right candidate will also be the general backup for the Finance Department. JP Morgan Access, Receivables Edge, Jaguar, Netsuite or Concur experience a plus.
- Review incoming credits/wire transfers to Sesame workshop
- Track check deposits via the lockbox and reconcile
- Process physical checks using office deposit machine and
- Prepare the journal entry for wires and checks to post to the general ledgers
- Complete month-end reconciliation for cash accounts
- Complete international watchlist checklists for new vendors or partners
- Be the backup to the treasury manager in preparing wires and daily cash reports when he’s out of the office
- Creating invoices and track in invoicing log
- Run weekly A/R aging in sub-ledger and review for follow up
- Liaison with international agents on invoices and follow up with their licensees
- Prepare for quarterly meetings with finance and operations team to review outstanding balances
- 2-3 years’ experiences with direct treasury managing cash/check/banking for a company
- 2-3 years’ experience with accounts receivable and or credit/collections
- Working knowledge with Excel and Outlook functions
- Have a professional and team player attitude
- Be able to write and speak with clarity and concision to our partners and outside relations in a respectful manner
- JP Morgan Access, Receivables Edge, Jaguar, Netsuite or Concur experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled