Internal Application: Accounting Manager
Finance: Content Distribution | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for an Accounting Manager. The manager will provide accounting support for the Domestic Media end Education departments (Sales Sponsorship, Themed Entertainment, Broadcast TV, Product Licensing, Home Video, Publishing, Interactive, Programming & Operations, Digital Production, Marketing and Brand Strategy, and Education) including Royalty Processing, Cash Application, Balance Sheet Analyses, and Accounting Closes. Assist in Financial Planning and Reporting for these departments as appropriate.
- Oversee various functions of royalty processing and accounting, including daily posting, month end closes and interfaces into the general ledger.
- Royalty statement review and preparation for input into the Rights Management system (currently Jaguar). Ensure reporting is in accordance with the terms of the contract.
- Maintain cash and royalty logs for Domestic Media and Education in Excel.
- Assist in daily cash application in Rights Management system (currently Jaguar) and resolve items that require research.
- Prepare 3rd party payments in accordance with agreements.
- Prepare quarterly accruals and balance sheet analyses of General Ledger (currently Comp-u-tron).
- Participate in quarterly meetings to discuss issues on missing statements and uncollected receivables.
- Work with assigned operations team to prepare quarterly closes, quarterly financial estimates and annual budgets.
- Manage Junior Accountant and intern.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses as needed.
- B.S degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of industry related experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer proficient – required: spreadsheet (preferably Excel); pluses: Rights Management System (preferably Jaguar or Rights Logic) General Ledger software, and reporting software (preferably TM1).