2018 MBA Summer Associate -- Strategy
Strategic Planning | New York, NY | Internship
Sesame Workshop is seeking MBA students for its MBA Summer Associate program. Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering preschool educational television show. The mission of Sesame Workshop is to help kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder. The Workshop is a global educational force for change with the goal of reaching and helping the world's most vulnerable children. Sesame appears in more than 150 countries, serving kids through a wide range of media and community engagement programs. All of the Workshop’s programs are grounded in rigorous research and individually tailored to the curriculum needs and cultures of the communities they serve.
MBA Associates will join Sesame Workshop’s Strategy and Ventures team and work closely with functional managers in departments such as television production, international social impact, interactive businesses, licensed product, themed entertainment, publishing, education, and venture investing. The primary responsibility of MBA Associates will be to conduct rigorous strategic business and mission-impact analysis and make recommendations around 1-2 major projects or initiatives being undertaken by Sesame Workshop. The Strategy team’s work encompasses industry/market and competitive analysis, financial modeling, business plan development, and identifying and assessing various strategies/paths.
Candidates for the MBA Summer Associate program will first be evaluated for the competencies and qualifications listed. After MBA Associates are selected, projects will be matched based on the Associate’s specific skills and interests and the needs of Sesame Workshop.
- Current MBA student from a top-tier business school
- Strong analytical skills, including financial analysis and modeling experience
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, including the ability to write effectively and communicate ideas with PowerPoint decks
- Prior relevant experience in consulting, media, finance, nonprofit and/or early childhood development sectors preferred
- Passion for Sesame Workshop’s mission
- Strong analytical skills – frequent financial analysis and modeling