UI Engineer / Software Engineer
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
Sensity Systems (formerly known as Xeralux Inc.) uses energy-efficient LED lighting as the foundation for a high-speed, sensor-based Light Sensory Network (LSN). The company enables light owners to capitalize on the LED conversion process by embedding networking technology as part of both retrofit and new LED luminaire installations. With Sensity’s open, multiservice NetSense platform and LED luminaire/retrofit products, lighting owners can reduce energy costs and implement a variety of SensApps applications and services over the network—including not only lighting control, but also public safety, environmental and weather monitoring, parking management and retail analytics. Sensity is the first company that has assembled all the relevant technology expertise, process integration know-how and strong partnerships required to make the Light Sensory Network a reality.
Sensity is looking for a Lead Web Software Developer to join a dynamic start-up team in Sunnyvale, Ca. If you like to be considered for this position, please email your resume to [[redacted]]
In this role you will provide technical leadership to a team that will design, develop, debug, and deploy browser-based application software for Sensity products. The ideal candidate should be capable of creating and implementing applications as an individual contributor, as well as be able to work closely with junior engineers, UX designers, and QA engineers during all stages of development. Candidates should be well-versed in good software development hygiene, such as source control, unit-testing, and defect tracking.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated technical leadership required
- Familiarity with REST APIs, AJAX, WebSockets, etc. required
- Skill in developing for multiple browsers required
- Skill in developing for mobile platforms required
- Extensive experience with frameworks including jQuery, backbone, underscore, require.js strongly desired
- Experience with User Experience desired
- Experience with less.css, bootstrap, and similar web app technologies desired
- Familiarity with Agile development processes and tools
- Experience with other languages (e.g. C++, Java/C#, Python) a plus
- Easygoing personality and good communication skills desired
MS or BS in Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.