Product Manager - Smart Parking
Product Management | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Product Manager - Smart Parking - Verizon
What you’ll be doing...
In this role, the Product Manager will become an expert in the transportation industry and serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on product features and functionality. In this role, the PM will be responsible for defining and/or enhancing solution features for an end-to-end smart parking solution including sensors, gateways, communication methods, cloud application, eco-system components like smart-meters & payment kiosks, guidance systems for lots & garages, way-finding (to preferred parking) apps integrated with driving assistance apps, enforcement systems, revenue and utilization optimization, situational awareness across distributed parking assets, asset management and other related parking management aspects. He / She will work closely with the product and engineering team as well as other internal and external stakeholders to research, define, plan and execute product enhancements, features, and potentially new products.
- Function as Product Owner in the agile/SCRUM software development process throughout the product life cycle.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to collect feedback; identifying opportunities for improvements and enhancements to our suite of products.
- Understand the marketplace and competitive environment.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to the business analyst team to write user stories, specifying requirements and acceptance criteria with detail and clarity sufficient for implementation and testing.
- Identify key product stakeholders; elicit input and develop a consensus around the definition and relative priority of each story in the backlog; contain scope appropriately, while managing stakeholder expectations.
- Work with user experience (UX) designers to create a compelling user experience around each story, expressed through wireframes, mock-ups or prototypes.
- Work with development engineering teams to communicate the product vision, clarify use cases and requirements, resolve issues arising during development, and accept stories as they are completed.
- Monitor and evaluate key performance indicators to help drive product performance.
- Manage and enhance relationships with access control and enforcement vendors to ensure system integrations include all current and future enhancements.
- Collaborate with other functions (marketing, business development, sales, operations, customer services, and professional services) in the development product positioning, go-to-market strategies, and pre- and post-sales activities related to the product needed to successfully sell, implement and service the product.
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Economics, Psychology, Business or related field or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or moreyears in design of smart parking solutions incorporating current technologies around IoT, mobile and cloud applications.
Even better if you have:
- Experience in developing and managing parking ecosystem partnerships.
- Working with software development teams in an AGILE development environment.
- Understanding of parking operations.
- Understanding of parking as a managed service from a pricing and support perspective.
- One or moreyears of experience working on mobile products in an agile software development environment.
- Experience in the mobile payments and/or parking industries.
- Data fanatic! Experience working with large data sets to solve business problems, improve app experience and identify trends.
- Exceptional communication, negotiating, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify and appreciate good products and features.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Willingness to express your opinions and ideas at all times.
- Self-starter and proactive.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done, taking on additional responsibilities to ensure success.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.