Network Design Engineer
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
Sensity Systems (formerly known as Xeralux Inc.) uses energy-efficient LED lighting as the foundation for a high-speed, sensor-based Light Sensory Network (LSN). The company enables light owners to capitalize on the LED conversion process by embedding networking technology as part of both retrofit and new LED luminaire installations. With Sensity’s open, multiservice NetSense platform and LED luminaire/retrofit products, lighting owners can reduce energy costs and implement a variety of SensApps applications and services over the network—including not only lighting control, but also public safety, environmental and weather monitoring, parking management and retail analytics. Sensity is the first company that has assembled all the relevant technology expertise, process integration know-how and strong partnerships required to make the Light Sensory Network a reality.
Sensity is looking for a Network Design Engineer to join a dynamic start-up team in Sunnyvale, Ca.
In this role, you will architect the network designs for the customers of Sensity’s Light Sensory Network (LSN). The successful candidate will showcase their deep networking knowledge to design efficient, secure, & high performing solutions -> for Sensity’s broad set of customers.
Skills and Experience:
· 10+ years of direct engineering and design experience in the telecommunications and/or networking industry
· 5+ years of RF Simulation OR Wifi 802.11, Enterprise Wifi Video, Networking, Router Technologies, Security Protocols
· Create high performing network designs (using industry standard planning tools).
· Designs must be repeatable, reliable, secure, and scalable.
· Follow the design from prototype, staging, and installation -> to deployment/early stage operation.
· Key talent to set the strategy for networking technology roadmaps (across broad set of customers with diverse network topologies).
· Proven leadership and experience in deploying 802.11 systems
- Demonstrated ability to perform advanced troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems for routing, switching, security and datacenter implementations
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning
- Analyze, engineer, and execute network software functions
· No Software coding required
- Solid technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate in writing and in person
- Must be able to work cohesively as a member of the team
- Must be astute, highly self-motivated individual who is dependable and dedicated
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.