Senior Marketing Manager
Marketing | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
Are you a creative and driven Senior Marketing Manager with big ideas and demonstrated ability to devise and execute marketing strategy? Sengled Canada is looking for a Senior Marketing Communications Manager to drive marcomm strategy for the Canadian region. This is a wide ranging role with the opportunity to develop and guide the marketing function including roadmap planning, development of content and themes, budget recommendations, etc. This role will be responsible for assessing market trends and developing programs to meet the growing needs of a quickly growing and exciting product line and business. Our ideal candidate has a strong track record, is flexible and adaptable, and is a self-starter who thrives in a rapidly changing environment. If you have a ‘can-do’ attitude and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done, Sengled would love to talk to you.
- Develop marcomm annual plan (leveraging all available consumer channels) and secure the necessary support and resources to execute on plan with cross-functional team as a whole and for our products
- Adapt global & regional content and programs that achieve sales through print and electronic collateral, sales training, customer research and briefings
- Work with Sengled's Global Corporate Communications Director to increase visibility, education and awareness to key audiences through use of press releases, press briefings and featured stories
- Utilize 3rd party customer data and direct customer interaction information to provide feedback to the product marketing and messaging team
- Build relationships with other management stakeholders to craft product, channel and promotional activities that create a unified and powerful market presence
- Track marketing/sales efforts and drive program results throughout quarter/year.
- Monitor and improve marketing's content/ asset life cycle.
- Determine most effective segment/vertical sales tools and drive usage to maximize sales productivity.
- Ensure that sales and marketing teams understand and are able to fully utilize tools to enhance sales and marketing activities.
- Contribute to and influence the strategic planning process and execution of program initiatives
- Able to flex in new functional areas and quickly learn and deliver
- Support various ad hoc requests from leadership team and key stakeholder
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in media (platforms and channels on and offline, market and industry trends, SEO/SEM/online media), social (organic and paid content), experiential, advertising & content (channel agnostic creative strategy, production of various formats, best practices), measurement (analytics and benchmarks), and community/passion-point based marketing
- Experience in retail marketing would be a plus
- An entrepreneurial spirit which will drive passionate ownership, and responsibility for the business
- Experience leading and facilitating cross functional teams
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
- Strong project and relationship management and collaboration skills including the ability to collaborate effectively in situations without formal influence & across geographies
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where change is a constant
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task multiple concurrent projects
- 8+ years of related experience in brand development, marketing intelligence and communications
- Demonstrated progressive experience in marketing communications or similar roles
- Experience / exposure to a variety of marketing roles and functions is an asset
- Post secondary degree preferred
BONUSES (assets but not required):
Previous experience in consumer electronics, software company, and/or startup environment
Sengled Canada Offers:
Competitive salary: commensurate with experience
Comprehensive employer paid benefits including health, dental and MSP
Flexible working hour and vacation policies
The opportunity to work in a great environment with smart and enthusiastic co-workers
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, cover letter, and any supplemental portfolio/work examples no later than September 22.
Sengled is a global LED lighting company with regional offices operating in the United States, Australia, Europe, and China. Sengled Canada works closely with Shanghai headquarters and the US team to supply Sengled’s traditional and smart lighting products to the North American market. What’s a smart lightbulb, you ask? It’s more than just changing colours – our bulbs have built-in speakers, security cameras, and wi-fi boosters, and they’re all controlled via mobile apps. In Canada, they can be found on shelves at Home Depot, Lowe’s, and other leading retailers. Our smart bulbs have won consecutive Best of Innovation awards at CES.