Site Reliability Engineer
Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Seismic Games is seeking a clever, solid, startup-ready SRE to help build the next generation of social games.
Seismic Games’ engineering department is a small, focused group of game development professionals. Our intent is to continually strengthen our best-of-class team to tackle a wide array of challenges. Our creative department and executive management have extensive and significant experience delivering well-reviewed AAA+ titles in the PC and console markets and are bringing that expertise into the mobile gaming space.
For our current primary project, a Java background is required; Jersey, Grizzly and Tyrus proficiencies are strong pluses.
Site Reliability Engineer responsibilities include:
- Being smart, dedicated, self-motivated, positive, friendly, and ready to learn and teach
- Rapidly gathering, understanding, prototyping and creating effective solutions for complex requirements
- Working effectively and aggressively in a team environment with tight deadlines and baffling challenges
- Build infrastructure to support AWS-based Cloud services and infrastructure
- Manage all infrastructure and configuration as well as ensuring systems & services are leveraging best practices & standards.
- Partner with development teams to help engineer scalable, reliable, and resilient online services
- Enhance monitoring of systems, services and hardware to enable expedient identify of issues.
- Interfacing with a diverse, complex team of highly experienced artists, engineers and designers
- Work with developers and engineering leads to advocate for operational improvements in our software stack.
- Develop & update system documentation to ensure high levels of supportability for Production.
- Support of our development, test, and production environments via investigation & resolution of performance and functional issues with our service stack as well as upstream/downstream systems.
Basic job requirements:
- 3+ years experience with Amazon Web Services, especially with the EC2, ELB and RDS services
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby and Bash
- Must have used Puppet to manage and deploy code in a production environment
- Linux experience, with either an Ubuntu or Debian focus
- Experience with RabbitMQ or another AMQP implementation
- Passionate about video games!
The ideal candidate also optionally understands or is familiar with:
- Java deployments
- Perforce code management
- RESTful APIs and Websocket transport protocols
- Terraform infrastructure management
- Jenkins CI pipelines
Work experience requirements:
- 2 -5 years experience in Console, Casual, or Social Gaming
- College Degree