Internal Application: Backend Engineer
Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Seismic Games is seeking a clever, solid, startup-ready Backend Engineer to help build the next generation of social games.
Seismic Games’ engineering department is a small, focused group of game development professionals. Our intent is to continually strengthen our best-of-class team to tackle a wide array of challenges. Our creative department and executive management have long, significant experience delivering well-reviewed AAA+ titles in the PC and console markets and are bringing that experience into the mobile gaming space.
For our current primary project, experience with Java is required; experience with Jersey, Grizzly and Tyrus are a strong plus.
- Being smart, dedicated, self-motivated, positive, friendly, and ready to learn and teach
- Rapidly gathering, understanding, prototyping and creating effective solutions for complex requirements
- Working effectively and aggressively in a team environment with tight deadlines and baffling challenges
- Building and maintaining scalable, extremely high performance API servers
- Working with leading-edge tools and systems
- Understanding and being able to troubleshoot, diagnose and analyze complex systems
- Producing clean, well-documented, well-managed code
- Interfacing with a diverse, complex team of highly experienced artists, engineers and designers
- Operational management and responsibility for million-monthly-user games
- 2-5 years Experience in Console, Casual or Social Gaming
- Java 8
- Building RESTful APIs
- Traditional Relational Database experience (e.g PostgreSQL, AWS Aurora)
- Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) experience
- College Degree Required
- Passionate about video games!
- Familiar with frameworks such as Spring Boot, Hibernate and Swagger
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS
- Experience with Websockets
- High-performance/distributed key-value stores
- Fundamental algorithms and data structures (e.g. B-Trees, R-Trees; set theory)
- Test Driven Development
- Relocation assistance offered