Art | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Seismic Games is seeking a clever and resourceful 2D Generalist to help build the next generation of social games.
Seismic Games’ art department is a small, focused group of game development professionals. Our intent is to continually strengthen our best-of-class team to tackle a wide array of challenges. Our creative department and executive management have long, significant experience delivering well-reviewed AAA+ titles in the PC and console markets and are bringing that experience into the mobile gaming space.
The Art Generalist will create animated variations of existing art to be used in our collectible card game.
- Create and execute 2D art assets
- Create 2D animations, VFX, and motion graphics for existing 2D art pieces
- Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute/iterate creative solutions
- Work closely with the art team to integrate 2D art assets into the game using Unity
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop
- Capable of producing high quality concept art
- A working knowledge of a 3D package such as Maya
- A working knowledge of a motion graphics package such as After Effects
- A working knowledge of 2D animation and motion graphics
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work closely with all disciplines of a team and maintain a positive attitude
- The ability to self-motivate and to motivate others
- The ability to deliver assets according to schedule
- A passion for games
- 1+ years experience in games as an artist
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates strong 2D art skills
- College Degree or Minimum of 2 years applied experience