Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
Psychiatry | Mill Valley, CA | Full Time
Be on the front edge of the treatment of depression
- Part to Full-Time Position
- Tele-psych/ TMS Psychiatric Clinic
- Ability to work from home. Video visits.
- Paid per visit.
- Diagnoses and treats mental health disorders. Creates individualized treatment plans according to patient needs and circumstances. Meets with patients regularly to provide counseling, treatment and adjust treatment plans as necessary. Conducts ongoing assessments of patient progress.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Hold a master's degree or doctoral degree in marriage and family therapy from a program approved by COAMFTE, (2) Hold a master's degree or doctoral degree in marriage and family therapy from an MFT program from a regionally accredited institution, OR, (3) Hold a master's degree or doctoral degree in a comparable mental health degree (Licensed Professional Mental Health Counselor, Social Work, Psychiatric Nursing, Psychology, and Psychiatry) that meets the current qualification standard of that profession.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that is above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current special education methodologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses, and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the client.
- Interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills.
- Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic programs and to make individual modifications.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to assess mental status in clients and to develop individual treatment goals and plans.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Position requires a) professional diagnosis and evaluation of nature and severity of mental and emotional disorders in individual patients, families, and/or groups; b) administration, assessment, and interpretation of various psychological tests and assessments; c) formulation, implementation, and evaluation of a range of psychological therapeutic treatment plans; d) establishment and maintenance of patient medical records in accordance with regulations, policies, and established practices.