Clinical Psychologist PSYD
Psychiatry | Mill Valley, CA | Full Time
Be on the front edge of the treatment of depression
Part to Full Time Position
Tele-psych/ TMS Psychiatric Clinic
Ability to work from home. Video visits.
Paid per visit.
- Diagnoses and treats mental health disorders. Creates individualized treatment plans according to patient needs and circumstances. Meets with patients regularly to provide counseling, treatment and adjust treatment plans as necessary. Conducts ongoing assessments of patient progress.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Doctorate degree in Psychology, and completion of Pre-doctoral Clinical Internship; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Certification/Licensure State of CA Licensed Psychologist, or eligibility for CA licensure, as documented by out-of-state licensure.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current special education methodologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the client.
- Interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills.
- Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic programs and to make individual modifications.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to assess mental status in clients and to develop individual treatment goals and plans.
- Knowledge of psychological test administration, scoring, and interpretation.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Position requires: a) professional diagnosis and evaluation of nature and severity of mental and emotional disorders in individual patients, families, and/or groups; b) administration, assessment, and interpretation of various psychological tests and assessments; c) formulation, implementation, and evaluation of a range of psychological therapeutic treatment plans; d) establishment and maintenance of patient medical records in accordance with regulations, policies, and established practices.