Product Development Manager
Product | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Product Development Manager
Imagine a world where creative play is the most valued part of childhood. This is the future Seedling is building.
Seedling is looking for a Product Development Manager with strong project management skills and a passion for children’s products to join our team. This role will collaborate closely across all teams at Seedling to create our next great product collections.
At Seedling we encourage kids to create with every tool in the toolbox, including technology. That's why we make groundbreaking products that merge tactile materials with advancing technologies, like virtual reality and augmented reality. These products are designed to help families put the child in control of the experience, and step into the role of builder, designer, creator and inventor. After all, visionaries aren't born, they're nurtured!
This role focuses on the development of the tactile/physical components, while coordinating closely with the efforts of our in-house digital team, to create our unique experiences. Responsibilities include supporting the development process from product concept all the way through to production.
This role will need to be comfortable juggling a variety of projects, big and small. This position reports to the Chief Product Officer and operates in a relatively flat structure. Being a self-starter who can manage multiple priorities and stakeholders is key to being successful in this role.
- Participate in market and product research by competitive shopping and sharing competitive product knowledge with stakeholders
- Lead customer research and focus groups to gain insights and feedback on products
- Facilitate brainstorms on new product concepts
- Create project milestones and timelines that will be shared across the company
- Work cross-functionally with the Creative team on the design of the product
- Collaborate on designing great user experiences with our products (from opening the box to the experience of creating then playing)
- Help create physical samples or craft items as needed (hands-on!)
- Attend photo shoots when needed and help prepare samples and product for photo shoots
- Work cross-functionally with the Supply Chain team to ensure a product’s path to production.
- Create and manage all product specifications for the vendors
- Manage correspondence and feedback with vendors on all cycles of development and sampling
- Design and craft samples and prototypes for development and sales presentations
- Manage, track, organize and review all samples from suppliers
- Be a great and reliable resource for everyone at the company regarding information on the products you’re developing.
- 2-3 years experience in related fields (willing to include internships with phenomenal references)
- A great organizer of people and priorities
- A natural facilitator
- Project management experience
- Self-starter, team player, and ability to work with tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Savvy with software (expertise not required, but need to be able to ‘figure it out’): adobe illustrator, photoshop, Jira, excel.
- Interest in new technology and the toys to life category is a must.
- Living our Seedling values is essential to this role (and any role at Seedling): Passion, Integrity, Commitment, Openness, and Curiosity.
- Experience in the children’s toy, game or education space
- Course work or hands-on experience in user experience design and process.
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Creative office space in the heart of Downtown LA’s Arts District
- Snacks and coffee, lunch on Friday and team events
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 2 weeks of paid vacation time