(Help Save the Bees!) Production/Lead Pollinator
MFG | Sacramento, CA | Full Time | From $21.00 to $21.00 per hour
Sacramento California, 35-40 hours per week
Seedles is looking for a special individual who values nature and is interested in working for a company that is creating a more beautiful world. We are seeking teammates who believe in working with nature instead of against it. We want someone who would like to lead the production and distribution of our flagship product, Seedles. If you are looking for more than a job and want to be of service to the world and future generations, this is the place for you. We value creativity, play, integrity, fairness and teamwork.
Our mission is to inspire kids to grow One Hundred Billion wildflowers to bring back the bees.
What we do:
We created Seedles, a powerful product which makes it fun and easy to grow wildflowers and solve the bee decline problem. We are a California social enterprise with an aim to make seriously fun gardening products for kids. Our mission is to inspire kids to grow 100 billion wildflowers to bring back the bees and ensure a sustainable food system for their future.
Our flagship product, Seedles, are rainbow bright balls made of wildflower seeds, compost, clay, and a bit of magic. We’ve done the heavy lifting by designing Seedles to practically grow themselves. They add beautiful blooms and vibrant colors to your neighborhood while benefiting local pollinators. All you need to do is throw them and they grow! So far, we’ve managed to help grow over 17 billion wildflowers for our pollinator pals. Our next chapter requires building a fantastic team and we’re hoping you will join us.
What you will do:
As a Production Lead, you will be responsible for making our product “Seedballs”. The Seedles wildflower seed balls are formed by combining organic compost, red clay, organic worm castings, organic coconut coir, organic amendments, and a bit of magic into a powerful wildflower growing product. You will be responsible for the complete manufacturing of Seedles seed balls. You will be operating semi-automated seed ball production machines as well as our new fully automated seed ball production machine. You will be inventorying, sourcing, and preparing all materials including mixing ingredients, rolling seed balls, operating the seed ball making machine, painting, drying, and packaging.
Job Responsibilities: Manufacturing, Packaging and Shipping
- Maintaining production schedules through superior planning and execution
- Manufacturing multiple product lines, seed balls, thyme bombs, and future products using our custom-made manufacturing equipment
- Sourcing raw materials for manufacturing of our products when needed
- Coloring and drying seed balls using our proprietary painting technology
- Sorting, maintaining adequate product inventory
- Optimizing the work environment and increasing long-term efficiency
- Documenting inventory and writing weekly reports to guide future production activities
- Testing germination rates of seed ball batches and improving seed ball matrix through research and Quality Control
- Reviewing orders to ensure quality and completeness
- Manually packaging different products to our high-quality standards
- Fulfilling customer orders and shipping products in a timely manner
- At Seedles we love to get our hands dirty, it’s a requirement. You will work in a warehouse environment and be exposed to noise, dust, and organic materials. Building Seedballs is physical, you will be required to physically gather materials, lift heavy objects (up to 60 lbs. unassisted) and to be active for 6-7 hours a shift
- At least 1 year of manufacturing or supply chain experience, Google software Suite/Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Calendar
- The ability to understand the company objectives and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and identify colors
- Must be organized and keep a neat and efficient work environment
- Flexible, there may be occasional overtime during evenings and weekends
- Must contribute to our culture. We are fun individuals who care about making a difference. To be successful at Seedles you must be a self-motivated individual with a great team spirit, positive can-do attitude, keen sense of humor as well as a desire to make positive change in a positive environment
- Clean and valid driver’s license as well as highschool diploma or equivalent
Seedles provides one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the planet - and that’s hard work! Your job impacts nearly every facet of your life, so we provide an extensive compensation and benefits package to ensure Seedles has a positive impact on your life, both personally and professionally.
- We offer a starting rate of $21.00 per hour
- Up to 2 weeks of paid vacation (accrued) & will be eligible for paid holidays
- You will be given a monthly stipend for health-related expenses (FSA)
Seedles is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. You must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S
You can learn more about us at our website - https://growtherainbow.com/