Engineering | Colorado Springs, CO | Full Time
B7 Interactive develops performance-boosting SaaS solutions for online retailers. Our flagship product is SearchSpring, a site search solution that delivers better product search for online stores.
We're looking for outstanding developers to help us aggressively build a market-leading product line.
Within the first few months, you will design, prototype, implement and deploy large, mission-critical components of one or more of our web applications. The process will include developing an early understanding the project, working with the product managers to implement new features, presenting your code in code reviews, documenting features and functionality and releasing code into production.
- Write maintainable code in a professional software environment using Git source control with a development and production regions.
- Collaborate across the company to define, design, implement and support new features and functionality.
- Tackle complex computing problems involving large amounts of data, distributed systems and application of statistical machine learning algorithms.
B7 Interactive has a high regard for engineers who posses an innate commitment to quality and can demonstrate understanding of underlying technologies.
You must posses some or all of the following:
- A degree in Computer Science & Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in web application development.
- At least 3 years of experience with a modern programming language (Java, PHP, C, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Experience building distributed, highly-available systems.
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL.
- Startup or ground-up web application development.
- Experience building E-Commerce websites.
- IT consulting experience.
- Active in a community – community service, open source, local technology/entrepreneurship groups, etc.
- Good project management skills.
- Competitive compensation with a great work schedule.
- A real opportunity to make a difference. You'll be part of a small, powerful startup team.
- The latest Apple gear.
- Opportunities to get positive feedback directly from customers.
Ready to apply?
Excellent! Impress us by solving the following challenge.
Write a standard Sudoku solver in your favorite language. Once you've done that, modify it to also solve a 4x4 Super Sudoku puzzle (hex instead of just 1-9).
Here's some PHP code to get you started: (use any language you like)
Here's a sample test case: