Engineering | Colorado Springs, CO
SearchSpring is a high energy, fast paced and profitable software startup in the E-Commerce space. We develop revenue-boosting SaaS solutions for online retailers. Our small, agile team excels in technology innovation and delivering excellent customer satisfaction.
Our hard work is paying off and we want growth to continue to accelerate! We're looking for smart developers to help us aggressively build a market-leading product line.
Your primary mission is to lead development of new features, components and special projects within SearchSpring's search and navigation platform. You will work on everything from backend web applications involving complex database and search engine queries to developing APIs and data mining processes.
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with PHP and MySQL.
- You are comfortable with version control.
- You know your way around the Linux command line.
- You have solid communication skills.
- You are a self-starter.
- You enjoy challenging work.
- You are a team player.
- You have worked with Zend Framework before.
- You are an active user on an open source project.
- You have worked in the e-commerce world.
- PHP (Zend Framework)
- Amazon Web Services
What’s in it for me?
- Great salary with real growth
- Generous paid time off
- Work remotely with flexible hours
- An amazing company culture
- Startup lifestyle where hard work is rewarded
- The best equipment money can buy
Don’t work for SaaS company? Here’s why your should consider making the move.
I am a Corporate Developer: Become part of a small team where your contributions are noticed, celebrated and rewarded. Customers will thank you directly, your peers will sing your praises and you’ll really grow with the company.
I work in Professional Services / Consulting: If you’re a programmer in an professional services or consulting firm, consider making the move to a software product company. You’ll still get to leverage your business analyst and client service skills by engaging directly with customers, but you’ll have the advantage of zooming in on the intersection of E-Commerce and Search (areas of strong economic growth and investment). Become a master/expert instead of jack of many trades.
- I work at a Web Design / Development Agency: Tired of debugging Magento/WordPress/etc modules or making trivial / repetitive changes to websites? SearchSpring offers exposure to the full lifecycle of software development and the ability to work with successful, high-traffic websites.