Engineering | San Diego, CA | Full Time
DevOps / IT Support Engineer
Seamgen, a software design and development company located in the heart of the Gaslamp downtown San Diego, is seeking DevOps Engineer to join our team of software experts. The ideal web candidate should have experience working with Linux/OS X administration, source control systems (Git), experience using AWS and EC2, able to write automation scripts, and work with SQL/NOSQL databases.
- Assist in the design and development of custom Web applications.
- Manage Development, QA, Staging and Production servers
- Setup and maintain continuous integration across projects
- Monitor database deployments
- Collaborate with other developers on internal infrastructure, and process enhancement.
- Work with developers to automate build and deployment tasks
- Document deployments and configurations
- Manage cloud-based infrastructure
- Establish and maintain the security of cloud-based assets
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering preferred.
- 2-3 years experience as a system admin or similar IT role
- 1-2 years experience managing cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience developing shell scripts on both Linux and Windows
- Familiarity with SQL and NOSQL databases.
- Awareness of web service concepts and proficiency.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Concepts.
- The ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Knowledge of procedures and practices in all phases of software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of source control systems such as Git
- Excellent research skills
Additional Skills & Competencies:
- Basic understanding of the agile driven software process.
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Eager to gain knowledge and work with new technologies.
- Strong communication and collaborative team work skills.
- Excellent work ethic.