Front of House | Santa Cruz, CA | Full Time
Seabright Social is a neighborhood brewpub & restaurant with a full bar and large patio. We strive to create a fun experience with quality food and beverage – and be a relaxing venue for locals and tourists alike to spend time at.
As the Assistant/Front of House manager, you will be a recognizable face for Seabright Social. You will serve as the liaison for guests and be present on the floor to lead your staff. We are customer service driven and strive to deliver extraordinary experiences to our guests. You must be a perfectionist, detail oriented, and be passionate about food, beer, liquor, and customer service. We are looking for someone who is a business partner, not just an employee.
The manager is responsible for the hiring, training, and disciplining of restaurant staff. Staffing duties include placing advertisements and interviewing prospective workers. Managing employees requires training and communicating restaurant policies to the workers, scheduling shifts, and calling in workers when there is a gap in shift coverage. Restaurant managers may also pitch in during peak dining hours.
Customer service duties include taking complaints and greeting customers. Be physically present on the restaurant floor and in the kitchen to monitor the quality of the service and the food. Managers must also perform the administrative duties for the facility, such as ordering inventory and supplies, tallying receipts, preparing nighty deposits.
The following is a list of responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
•Assist in the Management of all employees, including staffing scheduling, interviewing, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, and training
•Work with owners and Chef to achieve both financial and overall goals of the restaurant
•Participate in weekly manager meetings and semi-monthly financial meetings
•Coordinate with staff to ensure cooperation between the front and back of the house
•Upkeep of POS system plus office computers and systems software including Excel, Word, InDesign and proprietary programs
•The maintenance and improvement of the company culture
•Execute excellent customer service and dealing with customer care and complaints
•Manage relationships with all service and professional suppliers and vendors
•Day to day management of the including
- Pre-service staff meetings and staff communication, receiving product, ensuring employees are timely and ready for work,
- food presentation quality control,
- implementation of training regimen for front of the house employees,
- overseeing beverage inventory on monthly basis,
- monitoring cleanliness of storage areas and restaurant, keeping storage neat and orderly, tracking and managing costs, and ensuring equipment is properly maintained and serviced.
- Assisting staff as needed during service
- Face of management on the floor during service, assist with host duties when not staffed
- Solving customer issues and complaints
- Proactive response to customer needs
Competitive Compensation based on experience, with bonus potential, paid vacation & heath plan