Communications Analyst / Writer
Operations | Arlington, VA
Job Title: Communications Analyst / Writer
Location: Arlington, VA 22202
Type: Full-Time Position. Full Benefits Offered.
SDSE has an opening for a Communications Analyst / Writer to work on site at their customer location in Arlington, VA, which is a division of the U.S. Army dedicated to renewable energy projects. This person would manage the day-to-day congressional engagement requirements, including scheduling meetings, drafting executive correspondence and messaging, and providing consultation on engagement aligned to specific business opportunities and interests.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide baseline communications support to the Executive Director, including writing speeches, talking points, and renewable energy related articles.
- Manage congressional engagements and coordinate related activities.
- Provide consultation and analysis in regards to congressional communications.
- Supports several initiatives and engagements simultaneously.
- Responsible for writing and editing documents and marketing materials for consistency, clarity, and technical accuracy.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
- Works collaboratively to promote and maintain an effective and productive team environment.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field is required.
- 5+ years of congressional and/or legislative experience.
- 5+ years of strategic communications experience.
- 3+ years of experience developing Army/military/DOD executive correspondence.
- Prior U.S. Army service strongly preferred.
- Must have a proactive disposition and a strong work ethic.
- Must possess superb communication skills, written and verbal.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office and other related software tools, such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 300 employees. SDSE provides award-winning professional services that deliver effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful. SDSE has a proven record of enhancing government and business operations within the core competencies of: Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services.
SDSE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and believes that diversity in the workplace is key to the success of a growing business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.