Strategic Partner Director - Finance
Strategy | Boston, MA
SCVNGR is building the next generation mobile payment and merchant loyalty solution. Our platform LevelUp (www.thelevelup.com) is the second largest mobile payment solution and already used by thousands of merchants and hundreds of thousands of users on a daily basis. SCVNGR is funded by Google Ventures, Highland Capital Partners, and Balderton Capital.
As a Strategic Partner Director at LevelUp, you will have the unique opportunity to create long-lasting relationships with our top financial partners. You’ll drive new relationships, optimize deals and upscale potential opportunities then cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of LevelUp’s ever-growing suite of offerings. This position will create the relationships that enable LevelUp to become a first-class payment method, support in a similar fashion to the POS/Web solutions of Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover and Cash.
- Research, develop and scale a comprehensive strategy that fits LevelUp’s sales objective.
- Develop strategic account plans for partners within the portfolio including growth opportunity identification, action planning and revenue forecasting.
- Provide strategic advice in terms of forecasting traffic pattern, placement / promotion suggestions, and back end performance evaluation.
- Sponsor, resource and lead development and roll-out of key strategic initiatives and campaigns.
- Represent the company at industry events, which will include describing the benefits of working with LevelUp to users, partners, and other industry players.
- Secure and complete the kind of agreements that accelerate merchant acquisition across our ecosystems.
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record or 5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the Consumer Finance and Banking industry.
For the Win:
- Experience building and managing high-performing teams and a demonstrated ability to lead complex operational and strategic initiatives.
- Consistent track-record of driving revenue generating sales or partnership activities.
- Strong business sense with distinctive problem solving and analysis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial, and value points with partners and internal teams.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage several time-sensitive projects/deals with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in an Internet or consumer technology startup environment, especially in business development, sales, and/or partner management.
- MBA from a leading University.