Design | New York, NY | Full Time
Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology startups, with more than 1 million users across the world. We’re looking for a talented User Interface / User Experience Designer with a passion for elegant, intuitive user interfaces and pixel-perfect implementation. We want you to be a driving force in gathering insight into our users’ needs, behaviors and intentions. You’ll be translating this into innovative interface designs for our leading-edge learning platform that enhances how teachers teach and how students learn.
We are located in a loft space in midtown NYC and offer competitive salaries, full benefits, stock options, and an awesome office with a pool table, Pac-Man/Galaga arcade, Coke machine with free drinks, and a fully stocked kitchen via weekly FreshDirect grocery deliveries. Find out more about job perks
Come join us!
- Create innovative user interface designs for new features and improvements that directly affect our rapidly growing user base
- Develop detailed storyboards, interaction workflows, wireframes, and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Take part in requirements gathering and user research, including usability studies and market analysis
- Articulate the strategy behind your work and why you’ve made certain design decisions
- Work closely with the Chief Product Officer to define and implement features for outstanding user experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years experience in interaction design for web applications (less if you’re flat out awesome!)
- A strong portfolio showcasing excellent web UI/UX design skills
- Outstanding conceptual design skills with experience creating storyboards, workflows, wireframes, and mockups
- Experience running usability studies and market analysis
- A strong sense of visual design, including a solid grasp of web design, front-end technologies, and usability principles
- Highly proficient in Photoshop/Illustrator