Accounting | Austin, TX | Full Time
ScaleFactor is a high-growth tech company that combines intuitive software with a dedicated team of in-house experts passionate about solving businesses’ accounting and finance needs. We are not your typical accounting company and you are not the typical accountant. So, if you are starting or in the early stage of your accounting career, passionate about technology and innovation, looking for a cutting-edge place to learn, thrive and grow, let’s talk!
ScaleFactor is on a mission to build a better solution for business owners and operators to control and grow their businesses. Through a combination of technology, finance and accounting experts, we are revolutionizing the way companies operate. ScaleFactor’s trusted experts review companies’ monthly financial statements to ensure accounts are accurate and healthy so owners can focus on running their businesses. Our in-house team draws on their vast experience to provide skilled solutions to help business owners conquer their complex financial needs.
You are highly self-motivated and versatile with a can-do attitude. You possess the entrepreneurial drive & spirit to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. Your problem-solving, proactive decision-making, and project management skills are top notch. Your accounting knowledge and administrative skills are some of your strengths as well as your ability to handle multiple customers’ needs concurrently and provide a delightful experience. You have a passion for accounting and you enjoy working on a multitude of accounting, finance, and organizational duties in a variety of areas. You are technically savvy and you have incredible attention to detail. Your adaptability and resourcefulness to drive results create a direct impact in all areas of ScaleFactor, now and in the future.
Your mix of responsibilities will vary significantly month over month, some of which will include:
- Customer-centric interaction and problem solving with customers from various industries
- Performing routine accounting and/or digital bookkeeping for multiple customers including the management of accounts payable and receivable, payroll processing, journal entries, and financial statement preparation
- Producing financial statements for a reporting period, recording business transactions throughout the accounting period, adding any required adjusting entries and closing the books for that period
- Assessing and improving customer processes to increase efficiencies and improve financial reporting and business analytics
- Completing financial analyses of business operations and key performance indicators in order to interpret/present results
- Providing key analyses in transactional planning and advanced accounting topics
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Work experience of at least 6 months experience in a comparable accounting position for Staff Accountant I and 2 years for Staff Accountant II
- Solid understanding of financial statements and working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in Excel and working knowledge of accounting concepts (will be tested)
- Experience with various accounting and operations software platforms, cloud based accounting tools including, but not limited to Xero, QuickBooks Online, Gusto, Bill.com, and Abacus
- Understanding of the accounting life-cycle and all that it entails for startups and growing businesses
- Sound financial statement understanding including knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Previous experience with customer-facing roles
- Experience with managing multiple accounts simultaneously
- Experience with full cycle accounting
- Come work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2017 - Amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options
- Unlimited cold brew coffee
- Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete application online!
Your one-page resume highlighting skills and requirements for the position