Accounting | Austin, TX | Full Time
ScaleFactor is on a mission to build a better solution for owners & operators to control and grow their businesses and we are looking for people who share our passion. If you are a tech savvy and exceptional Accounting Manager who is ready for the next chapter in your career and life, we look forward to speaking with you!
ScaleFactor is working to pioneer big change in our industry, and we need people that enjoy venturing into uncharted territory and blazing a trail with innovative solutions. We are a high-growth organization that combines trusted experts with intuitive software to solve businesses’ accounting and finance needs. Our trusted experts review businesses’ monthly financial statements to ensure accounts are accurate and healthy so owners and operators can focus on running their businesses. Our in-house team draws on their vast experience to provide skilled solutions to help business owners conquer their most complex financial needs.
Your entrepreneurial spirit and incredible motivation make you stand out in the crowd. Your ability to juggle tasks and changing priorities, work ethic, emotional intelligence, positive energy, and desire to immerse yourself in your craft make you the best at what you do. You have the penchant for teaching and your positive outlook and energetic character make you very effective at it. You are a competitor at heart and you love the challenge of growth and recognize the beauty of the journey. You are looking for a long-term role and ultimately desire to work together for many years.
Responsibilities and core characteristics:
You have a customer-first mentality and enjoy interacting with people
- We exist because of our customers, and we establish ourselves as trusted partners of the business. Understanding and being able to empathize with the entrepreneur journey is a must, and our customers should be excited about interacting with you.
Accountability / Review of Work
- The Account Manager provides quality control and is ultimately responsible for deliverables customers receive. A keen eye for small mistakes and attention to detail is a must to ensure the high-quality standards ScaleFactor sets for our customers’ financials.
Excel in teaching & leadership
- This role is required to teach on two fronts. First, it is an Account Manager’s responsibility to sharpen the technical skills of the Accounting Analysts on their teams. Second, an educational mindset is needed to interact with our customers; they are great at whatever it is they do, and rely on us to help them understand their financials and the KPIs that can be measured to drive the business’s performance.
Manage customer and team expectations
- Setting clear and realistic expectations is a must; internally and externally. Customer happiness is largely driven by effective communication, and, AMs must be able to enunciate what needs to be done, how it can get done, and on what timeline actions will happen. All with a respectful and cheerful demeanor. The analysts on your team deserve the same.
Own customer relationships
- You are your customers’ trusted partner. Be invested in their mission and journey as an entrepreneur. While we cannot solve all of the problems their businesses face, we always want to at least point them in a positive direction. Their satisfaction relies on you.
Financial analysis + Technical accounting skills
- You should be able to skim a P&L and identify trends and point to outliers. It is second nature to analyze a P&L horizontally and top-down. Putting together a pro forma is fun. Complete understanding of the Balance Sheet is a must. You can do inventory accounting, deferred revenue calculations, and manage the equity section in your sleep.
- An exceptional Account Manager thinks in terms of solutions. You recognize that anything can be solved and are capable of shedding light on the path forward and steps that need to be taken for your customers and your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred, other degrees considered with commensurate work experience
- 5 to 10 years experience in accounting and equivalent role
- Minimum 2 years of experience supervising or managing a team of accounting professionals
- Solid experience in customer facing or consultative roles
- Experience with cloud accounting tools including, but not limited to Xero, QBO, Gusto, Bill.com, and Abacus
- Solid understanding of accounting life-cycle and all that it entails for startups and growing businesses
- Mastery of accounting concepts, financial statements including working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customer-facing and consultative work experience
- Bonus Points:
- Master’s degree & CPA preferred
- Work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work (2017) - immerse yourself in an amazing culture, dynamic office and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options
- Unlimited cold brew coffee
- Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
If your credentials qualify you to be a part of ScaleFactor’s rapidly growing team, submit the following online immediately!
- Your one-page resume exemplifying why you are the expert we are looking for and a cover letter explaining your ideal situation and how your unique skill set will become essential to the team’s success