Engineering | San Francisco, CA
You think a small server cluster is 1000 machines. You found the Mandelbrot set in a network capture last week. You could have scaled Twitter -- without the Fail Whale.
Come help Hangtime craft a fast and beautiful systems infrastructure!
You’ll be teaching our Storm and Cassandra clusters to fly, crafting powerful tools, and conspiring with our world-class engineering team to make code happy in production.
Hangtime is a fun way to expand your social life -- users discover new events from their friends. We're in public beta and already have a growing and highly engaged user base. Our experienced team is small (there are 9 of us today), obsessed with quality craftsmanship and design, and well funded by high-profile angels and venture funds. Our founders have had multiple successful startups with significant exits. Most of all, we love delighting users.
- Extensive experience managing distributed systems in cloud environments.
- A passion for low latency.
- Strong scripting skills.
- Expert ability to get things done on a small team.
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent or related technical experience.
- Competitive salaries and stock options at an early stage startup.
- Full Medical/Dental Benefits.
- Free dinners, snacks, and drinks.
- Build your dream development machine.
- Work in our gorgeous office in downtown San Francisco.