Food & Beverage | Washington, DC | Part Time
Saul Urban is developing a brand of luxury residential buildings that will cater to single-person households living in walkable locations in city centers. Offering an array of services and amenities, these fully-furnished apartment properties will create vibrant urban lifestyles fully integrated with the city. Currently, there is an opening for a Mixologist at the Ampeer Dupont Circle location.
Ampeer is seeking a Mixologist to join our team in Washington, DC. Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager and onsite General Manager, this position will be responsible for providing libations and offering customized recommendations while consistently offering professional, friendly, and engaging service. Duties include:
- Work closely with the property team to attract and retain residents through superior customer service.
- Work closely with the Food & Beverage Manager to ensure events progress seamlessly.
- Create a pleasant, friendly, hospitable, effective and professional atmosphere at all times.
- Prepare, set up, and maintain the complimentary hors d’oeuvres for the evening socials.
- Prepare drink orders for residents.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness and condition of bar area.
- Prepare garnishes, stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies, restock liquor as needed.
- Process resident payment.
- Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas.
- Complete opening and closing duties.
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents, and preparation methods.
- Keep current with latest mixology trends.
- Follow all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Manage daily accounting activity from bar sales.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- 3+ years of experience in bartending in a hospitality environment.
- Excellent knowledge of all beverage products. Bartending certification preferred.
- Superior customer service skills, excellent communications skills, highly developed interpersonal and customer relationship management skills, professional demeanor, ability to communicate with a variety of people, excellent multi-tasking abilities, proven problem solving skills, collaborative in a team, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, excellent time management skills.
- Ability to stand for entire shift, ability to constantly walk, bend, and move frequently, ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs, ability to kneel, push, and pull.
- Must have a true desire for customer satisfaction.
- Must be available to work weeknights and weekends.
- Successful completion of background check and drug screening required.
- Food service handler certification required.
Schedule: Sunday through Thursday from 4:30 to 9:30.
Saul Urban is an Equal Opportunity Employer.