Maintenance | Washington, DC | Full Time
Saul Urban is developing a brand of luxury residential buildings that will offer luxury residences with flexible lease terms in walkable locations in city centers. Offering an array of services and amenities, these fully-furnished apartment properties will create vibrant urban lifestyles fully integrated with the city.
Saul Urban is seeking a Lead Technician to join our team in Washington, DC. Reporting to the General Manager, this hands-on position will be responsible for the maintenance of a high-end, apartment property. Duties include:
- Provide hands-on support to drive team performance.
- Contribute to the achievement of occupancy goals by providing daily attention to the appearance of vacant apartments and common areas.
- Participate in the up keep of various facilities (i.e. laundry equipment, fixtures, drains, etc.).
- Effectively handle resident service requests and work orders.
- Assess and repair issues including electrical, plumbing, A/C, HVAC, appliances, and interiors.
- Responsible for the plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and appliances for portfolio.
- Responsible for inventory of parts and appliances.
- Responsible for general maintenance and orderliness of community facilities, and maintaining safe and stable operation of the properties.
- Respond to on-call emergencies.
- Prepare vacant apartments for new residents.
- Perform routine and emergency maintenance to ensure peak performance of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing components for apartment community.
- Direct and oversee outside contractors and vendors, such as landscapers and specialty repairs.
- Perform periodic building systems inspections as required.
- Maintain safe and stable operation of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Remain informed and aware of conditions that could have an impact on our ability to maintain a quality living environment for our residents.
- Keep current on all applicable building codes, safety standards, OSHA, MSDS.
- Ensure periodic building systems inspections are completed as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or technical degree preferred.
- 6+ years hands-on experience in residential building operations and maintenance.
- Skilled in HVAC, carpentry, appliance repair, electrical, and plumbing.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Outlook, and Yardi.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs, ability to stand for long periods of time, ability to walk, bend, and move frequently, ability to push, pull, and climb.
- Must have excellent communications skills, excellent customer service skills, ability to interact effectively with management, peers, and residents, professional demeanor, strong work ethic, discrete, resourceful, ability to maintain confidentiality, ability to work collaboratively in a team, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, excellent time management skills, ability to adapt to changing priorities, ability to multi-task.
- Must be available to work off-hours and weekends.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- OSHA certification required.
- Industry certification/training for HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and building control systems preferred.
- Experience with build outs and coordinating contractors preferred.
Saul Urban is an equal opportunity employer.