Assistant Property Manager
Operations | Washington, DC | Full Time
Saul Urban is developing a brand of luxury residential buildings that will offer luxury residences with flexible lease terms in walkable locations in city centers. Offering an array of services and amenities, these fully-furnished apartment properties will create vibrant urban lifestyles fully integrated with the city.
Saul Urban is seeking an Assistant Property Manager to join our team in Washington, DC. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position will be responsible for the operation, staff performance, resident satisfaction, and financial success of the property assigned. Duties include:
- Achieving financial goals as established by the Corporate Office.
- Managing to the budget by maintaining high occupancy level, keeping informed of market conditions, understanding competitive pricing, and utilizing appropriate marketing resources.
- Completing financial reports as assigned such as, yearly budgets, monthly variance reports, and property accounting audit reports.
- Assisting with the aging/delinquency reporting as well as any efforts related to the collection of rents due.
- Supporting the marketing functions with quality data on prospects, new residents, and competition.
- Working with the Property Engineer to coordinate property maintenance.
- Working with the Director of Operations to ensure proper operations of ancillary services.
- Conducting property inspections and following through with tasks.
- Assisting the Director of Operations in long-range planning, communications, and other tasks.
- Keeping informed of Saul Urban philosophies and general environmental conditions.
- Promoting positive, proactive resident relations.
- Working to make the living experience of the highest quality.
- Responsible for after-hours and emergency on-call coverage.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience with A+ residential assets.
- 5+ years of experience in residential property management or related business.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in property management or related business.
- 2+ years of experience in budgeting and reporting, financial analysis, strategic planning, vendor contract negotiation, and operational management, preferably in residential real estate.
- Superior customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills, highly developed interpersonal and customer relationship management skills, professional demeanor, ability to interact effectively with prospects, residents, peers and management, strong multi-tasking abilities, proven problem solving skills, collaborative in a team, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience with property management accounting software, Yardi preferred.
- Understanding of Social Media.
- Must be available for off-hours work and weekends.
- Successful completion of background check.
Saul Urban is an equal opportunity employer.