Weekend Residential Counselor (Part-Time)
Bruce House | Washington, DC | Part Time
Sasha Bruce Youthwork is one of the largest and most experienced providers of services to youth in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve the lives of runaway, homeless, abused, neglected, and/or at-risk youth and their families in the Washington, DC area. We achieve this by providing shelter, counseling, life skills training, and positive youth development activities to approximately 1,500 youth and 5,000 family members each year. With more than 30 years of experience meeting the growing needs of DC’s youth and families with innovative programs, Sasha Bruce Youthwork is always willing to listen and ready to help.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Weekend Residential Counselor is responsible for monitoring the safety and conduct of house residents, and providing clinical and crisis intervention. MUST be able to work one of the shifts noted below on Saturday and Sunday: 7:00 am- 3 pm or 2:30 pm -10:30 pm Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the reporting, planning and implementation of the weekend activity schedule.
- Make regular house check inspections inside the building and in the area immediately outside, and checks individual rooms when necessary.
- Maintain all necessary records, including but not limited to, legible, comprehensive and accurate reports of house activities in the house log.
- Provide crisis intervention and on-site counseling.
- Carry out emergency fire evacuation, and emergency procedures in case of an illness or accident.
- Provide office coverage, answer and record all phone calls and visitors, maintain supervision of the house, enforce house rules and ensure house safety.
- Participate in regular supervision with program director.
- Attend and participate in monthly all- staff meetings and other meetings/activities identified by the program director.
- High School Diploma or GED with 2 to 3 years’ relevant experience in Human Services or related field (preferably working with adolescents/young adults).
- Must be able to drive SBY vehicles to transport staff or youth, as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license; and clean driving record.
Sasha Bruce Youthwork, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Sasha Bruce Youthwork, Inc. is also committed to comply with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.