Summer Site Counselor (Part-Time)
Sasha Bruce Youthwork | Washington, DC | Part Time
Sasha Bruce Youthwork is one of the largest and most experienced providers of services to youth in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve the lives of runaway, homeless, abused, neglected, and/or at-risk youth and their families in the Washington, DC area. We achieve this by providing shelter, counseling, life skills training, and positive youth development activities to approximately 1,500 youth and 5,000 family members each year. With more than 30 years of experience meeting the growing needs of DC’s youth and families with innovative programs, Sasha Bruce Youthwork is always willing to listen and ready to help.
- Facilitate weekly schedule of activities leading youth through daily activities including group, art, recreation, life skills, and field trips
- Participate and/or provide support to facilitators that provide specialized activities to youth at summer program. Engage with youth in workshop activities, encouraging their participation and engagement
- Lead field trips that expose youth to the various cultural and enrichment activities in Washington DC; ensuring safe transportation, admission, and, engagement. Supervise youth and ensure for their safe and enriching participation. Maintaining supervision of youth and their activities and whereabouts.
- Provide the Summer Enrichment Coordinator with timely and accurate documentation of all services provided, including progress reports, court reports, Unusual Incident Reports, and case notes as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention and triage case management services to clients in the summer program
- Problem-solving issues that may present at summer enrichment and presenting solutions to other camp staff, coordinators, and management.
- Facilitate conflict resolution between youth and diffusing conflict. Completing Unusual Incident Reports and following up with relevant staff to ensure next steps are completed and documented
- Meet regularly with youth and families to develop and maintain a consistent approach to supporting and expanding the personal growth and leadership skills of young people.
- Accept and document the delivery of daily meals & distribute meals daily to the participants
- Transport youth to activities/field trips as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned