Street Outreach Specialist (Part-time)
Sasha Bruce Youthwork | Washington, DC | Part Time
About Our Organization:
Sasha Bruce Youthwork is one of the largest and most experienced providers of services to youth in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve the lives of runaway, homeless, abused, neglected, and/or at-risk youth and their families in the Washington, DC area. We achieve this by providing shelter, counseling, life skills training, and positive youth development activities to approximately 1,500 youth and 5,000 family members each year. With more than 30 years of experience meeting the growing needs of DC’s youth and families with innovative programs, Sasha Bruce Youthwork is always willing to listen and ready to help.
SBY seeks outgoing, engaging, friendly, individuals to serve with our Street Outreach team on a part-time basis, approximately twenty hours per week. Specialists will be responsible for identifying and making contact with homeless runaway and disconnected youth and young adults in the Washington DC community and will respond to critical incidents as needed. Specialists will build strong relationships with community stakeholders, residents and government agencies as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts nightly outreach to maintain steady influx of clients and contacts within the District homeless youth population.
- Participates in team based approach to working with hard to serve youth and young adults.
- Creates and disseminates safety kits, hygiene kits, and resource packs/cards for homeless youth.
- Provides the Program Director with timely and accurate documentation of all services provided, including client progress reports, court reports, Unusual Incident Reports, and case notes.
- Provides crisis intervention and triage case management services.
- Seeks out and obtains SBY and community services for the partnership endeavors.
- Establishes and maintains community contacts and networking for the project and SBY
- Assists in all new development and activity with the partnership.
- Completes all reporting procedures and necessary documentation for the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or high school diploma/GED with 5 years direct human services experience preferred
- Must possess a valid Drivers License and clean driving record.
- Ability to work with troubled youth and families in crises.
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills.
Reporting to the Program Manager, this is a part-time (20 hours), non-exempt position. All candidates are required to possess a valid Driver’s License, pass required DC clearances (and other states as applicable) and provide any additional information regarding previous records.