Sasha Bruce Youthwork | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Our Organization:
Sasha Bruce Youthwork is one of the largest and most experienced providers of services to youth in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve the lives of runaway, homeless, abused, neglected, and/or at-risk youth and their families in the Washington, DC area. We achieve this by providing shelter, counseling, life skills training, and positive youth development activities to approximately 1,500 youth and 5,000 family members each year. With more than 30 years of experience meeting the growing needs of DC’s youth and families with innovative programs, Sasha Bruce Youthwork is always willing to listen and ready to help.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Programs, the Program Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the program, including compliance with all contractual agreements, personnel management, program implementation, building maintenance coordination, program finances, administrative systems and daily reporting. The Program Manager serves as a liaison to SBY’s administrative staff, other SBY programs, and the community at large. Schedule is 10 am – 6 pm, Monday to Friday with rotating on-call weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides daily oversight for all aspects of the Sasha Bruce House Program within Sasha Bruce Youthwork, Inc.
- Ensures that the highest quality crises intervention, life skills, education, counseling, and housing services are provided to all clients.
- Works with staff to develop systems to ensure consistent, high quality outcomes and services.
- Ensures that all documentation, including case files, client statistics, and data entry are accurate, up to date and in compliance with grant requirements.
- Manages program according to grant/contract specifications.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of administrative systems to facilitate and enhance the delivery of services.
- Recommends personnel actions, including; hiring, evaluating and firing.
- Within the framework of SBY’s clinical model, provides direct supervision to all staff who interact with clients through one-on-one supervision, staff meetings and live-supervision sessions.
- Ensures that all documentation, including program activity logs and program progress reports are accurate and up to date.
- Ensures proper maintenance of all clinical, administrative and financial records.
- Assists in the development and implementation of Continuous Quality Assurance activities
- Serves as program liaison, to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates in Managers Meetings and other agency-wide meetings/functions as assigned.
- Initiates and monitor all needed repairs to the physical plant, ensures regular upkeep of the property.
- Plans and facilitates regular staff meetings.
- Participates in regular supervision with consultants, trainings and conferences.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Programs and/or the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Human Services delivery system or a degree in business/public administration or related field with a minimum of 4 years’ supervisory experience required.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling preferred.
- Experience working with at-risk youth or the homeless population.
- Must have prior administrative, clinical, and supervisory experience.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
Reporting to the Chief of Programs this a Full-time, exempt level position. All candidates must possess a valid Driver’s License, pass the required DC clearances (and other states as applicable) and provide any additional information regarding previous records.