PASS Program Coordinator
Programs | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Our Organization:
Sasha Bruce Youthwork is one of the largest and most experienced providers of services to youth in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve the lives of runaway, homeless, abused, neglected, and/or at-risk youth and their families in the Washington, DC area. We achieve this by providing shelter, counseling, life skills training, and positive youth development activities to approximately 1,500 youth and 5,000 family members each year. With more than 30 years of experience meeting the growing needs of DC’s youth and families with innovative programs, Sasha Bruce Youthwork is always willing to listen and ready to help.
The PASS Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the PASS program through a variety of administrative and programming functions and tasks. PASS (Promoting Adolescent Sexual Health and Safety) aims to reduce teen pregnancy and associated outcomes through a community-based intervention implemented by trusted adults from the same community that takes a comprehensive approach to teen sexual health and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and coordinates outreach efforts in public housing communities to inform and identify youth and families that are interested in the PASS program.
- Assists in the recruitment and training of community co-facilitators.
- Participates in community meetings to develop relationships with community stakeholders and identify ways to collaborate with the PASS program and SBY.
- Participates and/or leads in calls and meetings with PASS partners focused on planning and implementation of the PASS program.
- Directly facilitates girls PASS curriculum for all phases of the program.
- Provides informally mentoring of young women and helps them navigate how to make healthy decisions as a young woman in today’s age.
- Develops flyers and promotional materials plus intake and other relevant forms related to program enrollment.
- Tracks attendance and facilitates various activities to meet attendance goals.
- Conducts follow-up with PASS participants throughout the program and links to additional community resources and SBY resources as needed.
- Develops and facilitates enrichment activities that compliment PASS programming and encourages youth retention in the program.
- Administers and gathers various data collection tools such as surveys and evaluations to ascertain the knowledge gained through implementation of the PASS program.
- Assists the Chief of Programs, and her office, in completing relevant programmatic reports for funders and other stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Counseling, Psychology or a related field.
- Three to five years of related work experience, with at least two years in a leadership position.
- Experience working in community-based settings, preferably in public housing communities in Washington, DC or urban areas.
- Positive and proactive with the ability to address issues and implement solutions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must possess a strong sense of personal responsibility; be driven, flexible and able to communicate effectively with diverse populations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
Reporting to the Chief of Program or her designee, this is full-time, exempt level position which may include some evening and weekend work. All candidates must possess a valid Driver’s License and drive SBY vehicles, as needed; pass the required DC clearances (and other states as applicable); and provide any additional information regarding previous records.