Operations | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Our Organization:Sasha Bruce Youthwork is one of the largest and most experienced providers of services to youth in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve the lives of runaway, homeless, abused, neglected, and/or at-risk youth and their families in the Washington, DC area. We achieve this by providing shelter, counseling, life skills training, and positive youth development activities to approximately 1,500 youth and 5,000 family members each year. With more than 30 years of experience meeting the growing needs of DC’s youth and families with innovative programs, Sasha Bruce Youthwork is always willing to listen and ready to help.
Job Summary: Reports to the CFO and ensures the smooth conduct of day-to-day operations of SBY’s administrative and program sites/facilities, including coordination of IT, safety, security and ongoing maintenance and repair.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for oversight and coordination of the day-to-day operations of the facilities, including distribution and maintenance of access keys, scheduling of building maintenance, coordination with property management, etc.
- Supervises and contributes to overall administrative activities of the facilities support team.
- Coordinates and oversees and/or manages repair/maintenance work assignments and maintenance/janitorial services performed by vendors, contractors, and /or SBY personnel.
- Troubleshoots to determine/diagnose the root cause of operational matters and determines/recommends and implements corrective measures and strategies.
- Manages relationships with external vendors and maintains all contracts for leases, warranties, equipment, vehicles, utilities, etc.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc. for all SBY personnel in accordance with SBY purchasing/procurement policies, quality control policies, and budgets.
- Responsible for operational matters when onboarding new SBY employees, including set up of office space, access to equipment and technologies, email set up, etc.
- Manages the employee emergency and building evacuation programs for each SBY location.
- Supervises and contributes to the maintenance and alteration of office areas, including layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Sends routine communications to SBY personnel to update them on operations related matters and concerns.
- Proactively identifies/implements strategies to reduce costs and improve services.
- Works with the facilities manager to proactively address maintenance and repair matters at each SBY location.
- Works with the facilities manager to establish a program for keeping SBY personnel regularly updated and informed about operational matters.
- Maintains a schedule for complete coverage of the front desk.
- Participates as needed in special departmental projects.
- Maintains a friendly and positive environment and works closely with all SBY leadership and employees.
- Minimum High School Diploma with 3 or more years of facilities management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least 3 years supervisory experience
- Positive and proactive with the ability to addresses issues and implement solutions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow/promote policies and procedures
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work discreetly with sensitive information
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communications and organizational skills