HR/HRIS Specialist (temporary 3 month position)
Human Resources | Washington, DC | Temporary
Mission of the Organization:
The mission of Sasha Bruce Youthwork is to improve the lives of runaway, homeless, abused, and neglected and at-risk youth and their families in the Washington area. We achieve this by providing shelter, counseling, life skills training and positive youth development activities to approximately 1,500 youth and 5,000 family members each year. Sasha Bruce Youthwork seeks to support and empower vulnerable young people and families. Our approach is focused on the family and based on our clients’ competencies. Indeed, our counselors are trained not to diagnose pathologies, but to identify and build on the strengths of each young person and family. SBY works to provide youth with the tools they need to curb high-risk behaviors, stabilize their living situations, and lead meaningful and productive lives. A person who believes he can change and who can envision a different life can make that desire real.
SBY provides help wherever it’s needed—on the street, in its shelters, or at the homes of young people and families who are struggling. Serving a community where institutions and systems are broken and young people and their families are struggling to overcome obstacles, SBY uses proven youth development practices to help youth find new ways of surviving, thriving, and realizing success. With more than 30 years of experience meeting the growing needs of DC’s youth and families with innovative programs, Sasha Bruce Youthwork is always willing to listen and ready to help.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- The HRIS Specialist plays a key role in the development, implementation and maintenance of ADP’s HRIS systems associated with the collection, retrieval, accessibility and usage of employee data for the HR department.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve existing HRIS processes, functionality and work flow, and maximize technological capabilities to reduce manual processes (i.e. annual performance review, compensation structure, organizational charts, vacation, sick leave approvals, employee directory, employee forms, embedded and quick links, polices, processes and other systems) and to improve data management and efficiency.
- Maintains and develops custom reports to meet the requirements of HR and staff.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools.
- Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls.
- Trains and provides troubleshooting tips to other HR members on features and functionality of HRIS systems and applications as needed.
- Works with the Managing Director, Human Resources to assist with payroll data entry and to coordinate retrieval and reporting functions.
- 3-5+ years in-depth experience managing various HRIS and compensation programs
- Proficiency with Work Force Now ADP and web-based compensation and talent management tools preferred.
- Extensive HR systems reporting, HR process, and project management experience required.
- Microsoft Excel super user (VLOOKUP, pivots, databases)
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time-management skills
- Demonstrated experience/maturity to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Possess a positive, service oriented attitude with excellent follow through on issues.
- Foresees potential challenges and comes prepared with solutions to solve variety of problems.
- Analyze and report the need for system enhancement or customization.
- Support the implementation/maintenance of various modules within ADP.
- Data entry/maintenance into the HRIS system and assure data integrity.
- Determine the validity of other modules within ADP (HRIS) and ensure current modules are being utilized and optimized to the fullest.
- Recommend changes to current processes to provide more effective use of the HRIS, and liaison with the Managing Director, Human Resources as a project manager to implement these changes (i.e. onboarding and exits, org charts, employment changes, performance management, recruitment, etc.).
- Work closely and collaboratively with Managing Director, Human Resources in ensuring open enrollment system functionality meet the needs of the organization and reflect the accuracy of the benefits renewal rates and policy.
- Create, generate, and maintain effective HR reporting, including turnover, headcount, recruiting, organization charts, and other key metrics to drive organizational effectiveness.
- Develop a dashboard of HR metrics to be presented at monthly, quarterly, and annual senior leadership meetings.
- Develop and generate ad hoc reports to provide HR with timely and accurate data.
- Create and maintain documentation of reporting processes and training guides for end users.
Audits and Compliance:
- Develop a regular monthly audit schedule to review the integrity of data in the HRIS system and databases.
- Coordination of SOX compliance for HR.
- I-9 audit and maintenance
Knowledge and Skills Desired:
- A certification in human resources highly desired.