Case Manager (Evening)
Sasha Bruce Youthwork | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Our Organization:
Sasha Bruce Youthwork is one of the largest and most experienced providers of services to youth in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve the lives of runaway, homeless, abused, neglected, and/or at-risk youth and their families in the Washington, DC area. We achieve this by providing shelter, counseling, life skills training, and positive youth development activities to approximately 1,500 youth and 5,000 family members each year. With more than 30 years of experience meeting the growing needs of DC’s youth and families with innovative programs, Sasha Bruce Youthwork is always willing to listen and ready to help.
The Case Manager is responsible for connecting with and working successfully alongside youth and families, using their expert knowledge to help sustain program requirements within Bruce House, a 24-hour short-term crisis residential facility. MUST be able work evenings Monday - Friday, 2:30 - 10:30 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully demonstrates leadership and support for staff, especially in the absence of the Program Manager.
- Takes a position of leadership in supporting program structure and all youth within the program.
- Demonstrates initiative in supporting and empowering the youth and families.
- Successfully and diligently supervises and ensures house/office coverage, ensures continuous supervision and personal safety of clients, enforces house rules, and monitors house for cleanliness and safety.
- Oversees and reviews client assessments; provides case management services; and oversees the development of individual treatment plans for clients and families.
- Provides the Program Manager with timely and accurate documentation of all services provided, including client progress reports and reports of problems that require immediate attention.
- Assists clients with discharge and aftercare planning as they transition into their next step following the Program.
- Maintains familiarity with local services (both within and outside the Agency) that might serve as resources and successfully assess and identify each client’s needs regarding interagency and outside referrals; follow-up on referrals when and where possible to ensure that eligibility and engagement have been initiated.
- Demonstrates engagement and leadership in all weekly staff meetings.
- Meets regularly with the Program Manager for supervision.
- Participates in live supervision with clients and their families.
- Participates in all SBY training & in-services and any other training identified by the Program Manager and/or Clinical Director.
- Ensures client files, records, monthly reviews and Individual Service Plans are accurate, updated, and secure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred or currently pursuing advanced education in the fields of Social Work, Case Management, Counseling, or another relevant Human Services field.
- 5 years’ experience in the human service field preferably working with adolescents and/or young adults.
- Expert knowledge of issues of and surrounding homelessness.
- Demonstrated ability to work with community leaders to raise funding of programs and skills to conceptualize and effectively lead complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with individuals and families in difficult situations to help empower them to take on their challenges successfully.
- Strong familiarity with the local DC community and different resources and services available, especially those geared towards young people and/or their families.
- Must possess a strong sense of personal responsibility, be driven, flexible, and able to communicate effectively with diverse or with difficult to engage populations.
Reporting to the Program Manager, this is a full time exempt level position with a schedule of Monday - Friday, 2:30 - 10:30 pm. . All candidates are required to possess a valid Driver’s License, pass required DC clearances (and other states as applicable) and provide any additional information regarding previous records.